Yes, there are *many* bad astrologers. I read an article a couple years about by an astrologer who asserted that many beginning astrologers are sometimes better at interpretations than experienced astrologers. Why? Because astrologer because tangled up in the "rules.". Beginners tend to use their intuition as they don't know the "rules" yet. But doing astrology mechanically by the "rules" would be as bad as writing a piece of music based entirely on the rules of music theory and composition. Those rules are "tools" and meant to help you out of a bind when writing a tune. Likewise astrology is a form of "divination" like palmistry. We don't know how it works but it does work in the hands of someone with intuition and the ability to "divine" meaning out of abstraction.

In our computer age it is now possible to examine recurring patterns that took place over centuries. One recurring pattern that is being studied shows an 80 year recurring cycle that expresses itself through our global politics. Think what was taking place 80 years ago and compare it with now. This cycle has been shown to go back about 900 years. Predictive astrology is a primitive method of mapping these cycles. In general it is a "weather report" that provides the propensity for events happening.

I know Chakrapani and he's also looked at my horoscope in one of his group sessions. Blurted out that I should have been a doctor because of the presence of Jupiter in my first house. Interesting because I have no problem understanding medical and biochemical principles but if I had chosen that field I would have gone the research rather than clinical route. But I have a strong third house ruled by Jupiter which drove me into the arts. I even regard computer programming as an artform and not a science.

The discussion here is hilarious as we have a bunch of blind men commenting on the elephant called astrology. :-D