http://www.zimbio.com/Famous+Republicans/articles

Lindsay Lohan? Of course what do the words "Hollywood Republican" mean? A conservative, middle-of-the-road or liberal Republican. There's quite a range there. We had a liberal Republican governor in Washington state.

What was Clint doing talking to that chair at the Republican convention?

On 03/01/2015 02:24 PM, rich...@rwilliams.us [FairfieldLife] wrote:

Apparently you don't read the news either. What does it take you dumb shits to read a page at Wikipedia? Go figure.

Eastwood has described himself as a "libertarian' - he was opposed to the wars in Korea, Vietnam, Afghanistan and Iraq. He is in favor of gun control and voted for democrat Dianne Feinstein in 1994.

According to what I've read, Eastwood is a self-professed "liberal on civil rights and has endorsed same-sex marriage and contributed to groups supporting the Equal Rights Amendment for women."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clint_Eastwood#Politics

Despite being a "Hollywood Republican", Clint contends that "The Sniper" is an anti-war film. So was "Flags of our Fathers." It told the story of the guys who re-enacted the raising of the flag on Iwo Jima and how they were used to sell the war to a country that was war weary. The other film he made at the same time told the story of how the Japanese hated being drafted for WWII.

On 03/01/2015 06:26 AM, Michael Jackson mjackson74@... <mailto:mjackson74@...> [FairfieldLife] wrote:

    You should give Gran Torino a try - his character was a WHOLE LOT
    like my own father, so it was a must see for me.

    *From:* salyavin808 <no_re...@yahoogroups.com>
    <mailto:no_re...@yahoogroups.com>
    *To:* FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
    <mailto:FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com>
    *Sent:* Sunday, March 1, 2015 2:42 AM
    *Subject:* [FairfieldLife] Re: Birdman director is TMer

    Yet another? The only way this would be an interesting bit of news
    is if their career had markedly improved after they had learned.

    And it isn't like like the ones that do meditate are the best in
    Hollywood, I think Clint Eastwood is the most overrated
    actor/director imaginable. I don't know how he gets away with it.
    I thought his last big movie I saw Billion Dollar Baby was a joke,
    just a string of very tired and manipulative cliches masquerading
    as a relatable drama.

    But it's his other movies that should worry the TMO, if they want
    to hold him up as a good example they should consider the amoral
    stories he likes to involve himself in. In his many movies he's
    been a rapist who wins women over with violence, a self-appointed
    executioner with no interest in justice but worst of all was his
    Mystic River which he directed.

    Am I alone in thinking the subtext of that movie was deeply
    sinister? The characters in that movie actually pin the blame for
    a vigilante murder on a friend of theirs who'd had a nervous
    breakdown because he was abused as a child, and that is apparently
    OK because "he's already damaged and his life is crap". Talk about
    shit morals, I was actually shocked when I saw it. Is this some
    sort of frontier justice that Republican Americans relate to but
    anyone with a soul finds abhorent?

    If so, where is Clint's soul after all these years of meditating?

    Go ahead and make my day Clint. Stop making shit movies!

    ---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
    <mailto:FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com>, <no_re...@yahoogroups.com>
    <mailto:no_re...@yahoogroups.com> wrote :

    yet another brilliant film director is a TMer

    ALEJANDRO GONZALES IÑARTU, Director de... - Meditación
    Trascendental Perú | Facebook
    <https://www.facebook.com/INSTITUTO.MAHARISHI.PERU/posts/10152873596466492>

    <https://www.facebook.com/INSTITUTO.MAHARISHI.PERU/posts/10152873596466492>

    ALEJANDRO GONZALES IÑARTU, Director de... - Me...
    <https://www.facebook.com/INSTITUTO.MAHARISHI.PERU/posts/10152873596466492>

    ALEJANDRO GONZALES IÑARTU, Director de Cine ganador del Oscar 2015
    como mejor director por su película también ganadora como la ...

    View on www.facebook.com
    <https://www.facebook.com/INSTITUTO.MAHARISHI.PERU/posts/10152873596466492>

    Preview by Yahoo