It sounds like natural selection to me.

 But it's also worrying because I usually get annoyed when I hear the
authorities tell us that people have to be protected from their own stupidity.
Clearly there are some very stupid people about.

 I wonder if anyone was happy with the outcome and actually felt closer to god?
That'd be an interesting study to test True Believerism.

 I know a purusha guy who was telling me they have a genuine celibate on the
programme - that's completely celibate since forever - they are all excited
because they obviously think this qualifies the guy as a hot ticket for
enlightenment.

 I asked him if it was really a good thing and maybe he should shag around for
a bit to know what he's missing before he gets stuck with a peer group who are
so intent on pressuring him to keep chaste. I got the usual stony look and was
left with the impression they think I just don't get this stuff.

 So maybe one of our more spiritual types can tell me; what does an orgasm do
to you that is so bad that it stops you getting enlightened, or at least slows
down your evolution?

 Spiritual leader allegedly manipulated 400 men into removing testicles
 to be 'closer to God'

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/asia/spiritual-leader-allegedly-manipulated-400-men-into-removing-testicles-to-be-closer-to-god-10078095.html