I've chatted with him and have one of his books. They are fairly well written.

That was at an ayurvedic conference held at UC Berkeley in the spring of 2002. Interesting thing about that conference was I was standing out in the hallway when a session finished and there was this woman with a group following her to the expo hall for book signing. I didn't know who it was at the time but it was Naomi Campbell who is appearing these days on the FOX series "Empire".

On 03/17/2015 12:41 PM, Michael Jackson mjackso...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife] wrote:
what do you think of the Thomas Ashley Farrand books?

*From:* "Bhairitu noozg...@sbcglobal.net [FairfieldLife]" <FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com>
*To:* FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
*Sent:* Tuesday, March 17, 2015 2:47 PM
*Subject:* Re: [FairfieldLife] Re: Well, well, well.

Meditation isn't forever. At some point that third eye *is* open and will remain open regardless of whether you meditate or not. IOW, "you're there." In that state I call it "pure consciousness on demand."

Last week I recommended Swami Radha's book "Mantras Words of Power". She was a German woman who studied with a Swami Sivananda. Even Sivananda's books went into different methods of meditation. Ever wonder why it was okay for kids to use a "walking mantra" but not recommended for adults? Of course you can meditate with eyes open. And I frequently write about what I call "adjunct" mantras, particularly the ones for ayurveda. These can be used in additional to whatever practice you do be it TM or otherwise though maybe they'll throw you out of the domes if you let them know you use them.

The ayurvedic mantras are very standard but not taught by MAPI (that I know of). If you've developed a degree of silence then you can evaluate mantras yourself. They're very useful to correct an imbalance. Of you might need to know a bit about ayurveda first.

Point is a lot of this stuff, which Swami Radha points out, is for beginners. My tantra guru said the same thing. The main purpose of asanas is to develop the ability to sit in a half lotus pose for a long time. After a while the pose doesn't even matter.

Why would I want to date at my age? I don't even have the karma for relationships. Any attempt gets thwarted mysteriously. My life's complicated enough right now to deal with such things. I'm cleaning house so I can put it on the market and get my equity and capital gains out of it. I don't need a 4 bedroom house. I want to downsize things.

I also watch stuff on my TV a little differently than some folks because of working in the entertainment industry. For instance, I am monitoring the "CSI Cyber" show to see what they are presenting to their audience. It's very cartoonish and that's why the acting is stilted. Similarly l like to watch very low budget "found footage" movies to see what young folks are up to with the medium. Some of it's very entertaining and good story telling.

I hang around the house because what work I do have is done at home. That's why I liked to go out to places like Starbucks to hang out and chat with locals. But folks aren't going there anymore nor even the locally owned shops. The economy is crashing down despite the lies the government gives you.