This does seem confusing. Go figure.

"The will itself, strictly speaking, has no determining ground; insofar as it
can determine choice, it is instead practical reason itself." - I. Kant

---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <anartaxius@...> wrote :

 I am not confused at all. Of course I do not agree with your statements. If
someone killed me for reasons unknown to me, not only would I be unable to call
the deed anything, because I would be dead, there would be no known information
available to me, even supposing that such data could pass the life-death
barrier, that would enable me to determine whether the act of my demise was
'good' or 'evil', for you specified I would not be given that information.

 Suppose, for example, my death was orchestrated (say by ISIS under the
clandestine influence of Zeus) so that a series of events were prevented that
would have led to the destruction of the universe, including your death by
horrible, über, agonising pain and the death of everyone on Earth and elsewhere
in the universe (were those others to exist). I would not have been given any
information why I was killed. My death would then be the result of evil even
though the purpose was to prevent everyone else from being killed?

 Xeno,

 You appear to be confused in determining what is "good" and "evil".  A person,
who who treats you well, is a person who has done a good thing for you and is
considered to be a good person.  However, if someone kills you for reasons
unknown to you, you would call that an evil deed.  The person doing the deed
would be an evil doer for you.  The evil deed and the evil perpetrator cannot
be good for you.  That is the basic difference between good and evil.  Please,
tell us if you agree with these statements.  If not, explain why not.

---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <anartaxius@...> wrote :

 About 12,000 or so people die every day. About 10% of those are killed by
other people one way or another. The Islamic State is one of those ways. This
is what happens. One method of reducing those killings is to bomb or send
troops to kill the members of the Islamic State, by substituting other killings
in place of the ones the Islamic State perpetrates. Then there is the question
of who or what is killing the other 11,000 people who die every day, which is a
far greater number. From their point of view, the killers in the Islamic State
are doing their god-given duty to remove infidels and betrayers of their faith
from the world, a good thing. We don't know what the people killed think of it,
but those in the West do not seem in favour of the idea, thinking it a bad
thing. In almost every year, anyone born more that 120 years ago is dead. As
pointed out recently God killed something like 2,000,000 people as reported in
the Bible, while Satan, bless his reticent soul, only 10. So it would appear
the best killers are in the service of what is called 'good', for a good cause,
by their own estimation. They truly believe something is good and worthy, and
carry out killings in the service of that. That probably means we should be
rather suspicious of the good people who want to purify their environment in
the service of that good. For our own good, maybe we should kill them, just to
be on the safe side.

 Pastor Barry,

 If you say there is no "good" or "evil", how do explain the fact that groups,
like the Islamic State, kill innocent people in Iraq and Syria?