 From: "TurquoiseBee turquoiseb@... [FairfieldLife]"
<FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com>
 To: "FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com" <FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com>
 Sent: Wednesday, April 8, 2015 8:20 AM
 Subject: Re: [FairfieldLife] Re: ~~~~~~~~~~ about friendship ~~~~~~~~~~~

 Maharishi's giggling was -- as you suggest -- a passive-aggressive way to
derail questions he didn't want to deal with and pretend to be unfazed by them.
I wish I had a link to that video clip towards the end of his life when some
reporter tried to keep asking about the Beatles. At first he tried to "laugh it
off" and pull his giggling routine again, but when the reporter wouldn't stop
asking about the Beatles Maharishi finally lost it and got angry at him and
revealed how much his ego was affronted by someone asking about the Beatles
instead of him.

 Here it is. It's one of the rare interviews in which the TMO "pre-screening"
process didn't keep the reporter from actually asking hard questions. The
"interview" (Maharishi in another room entirely) starts at about the 40 second
mark and continues throughout the clip.

 Maharishi Exposed https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGc1yTDU8Fs

 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGc1yTDU8Fs

 Maharishi Exposed https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGc1yTDU8Fs

 View on www.youtube.com https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGc1yTDU8Fs
 Preview by Yahoo

 You can imagine how much I like this Australian interviewer's 'tude. He's
clearly a no-bullshit kinda guy having people pour buckets of bullshit over him
and tell him it's Kool-Aid, and he ain't drinkin' the Kool-Aid. He also isn't
buying a minute of it. He keeps puncturing the TMO fantasy-balloons and
bringing the blissninnies down to earth.

 One of my favorite moments at about the 3:00 minute mark shows him sitting in
a chair forced to watch a bunch of TM butt-bouncers *clearly* using their
muscle power to bounce back and forth on a bunch of slabs of foam. Bevan -- the
proverbial 900 pound gorilla in the room -- is sitting there next to him with a
big "THIS will convince this guy and make him feel the *awe* he should feel
towards us" look on his face. Meanwhile, the reporter is sitting there
alternating between being bored and amazed that anyone would consider this
outrageous display impressive. Afterwards, interviewing one of the bouncing
blissninnies, the BN says, "When I do this I feel tremendous bliss...I could do
this [hop like this] for hours -- back and forth." The reporter just says, "But
why would you?" :-)

 Jump to about 5:20, when the reporter (via video) speaks the *obvious* to
Maharishi, that the Beatles established his reputation to the world. NOT much
giggling from the giggling guru. Instead, he starts to grow clearly angry and
tries to browbeat the reporter into talking about what he wants instead of
these damned Beatles. Jump to the 11:00 mark, in which the reporter asks him
more hard questions, and Maharishi reacts very badly indeed, especially in
reaction to the question, "Can you fly yourself?" At that point, the cult
toadies cut the connection and Sir Bevan the Bloated tries to usher him out of
the room using the same uber-gay wave-your-hand gesture he'd use to convince
someone to kneel during TM instruction.

 This is one of the most damning exposes I've ever seen about TM, but my point
in reposting it here is to place in into context alongside the recent
Scientology documentary. You DON'T see any of the "giggling guru" evasions and
distractions here. Maharishi is so used to being surrounded by toadies who
accept everything he says as gospel (literally) that he simply *cannot handle*
being treated like an ordinary person.