I remember being very angry with Dawkin's comments about the tsunami. I had a
look today at your letter to The Guardian and I though you made your point to
him very well.

I thought it was interesting, especially as real lives depend on a Palestinian
state.

 It popped up on Richard Dawkin's Facebook page last night and I was going to
post a back-story but I was busy watching the snooker (no sense of priority me):

 In 2004 I got a letter printed in the Guardian and it was about Richard
Dawkins. He'd just made a spectacularly crass statement about "stupid" people
praying in the aftermath of the Boxing day tsunami. Obviously if God was going
to help he would have stopped the thing in the first place but an intellectual
appraisal of where to direct their energy isn't what people really needed to
hear at that moment in time.

 My letter was about how Dawkins - who held the chair for the public
understanding of science at Oxford University - might be better off working
towards a scientific understanding of the public. And here it is. May it help
him keep his foot out of his mouth.