Google is like a big kitchen where they bake all kinds of ideas. Some of them come out "half baked" too.

When I see articles like these I look at from a different perspective than about 98% of the populace. If you've worked in management in a successful corporation you know these articles are the result of your PR department. IOW, it's not that some reporter is running around trying to find out what Google is doing but that that Google PR people set this up so that reporters could write about it since it helps the stock price.

IOW, the world isn't really what it seems. ;-)