--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Richard J. Williams"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> off_world_beings wrote:
> > Your hero Bush is acting like a vermin caught in a corner.
> >
> Apparently the vermin caught in a corner are all the Democrats who
are
> now attempting to weasel their way out of taking responsibility for
> their vote to go to war in Iraq. In my opinion, the heros are those
> who consistently voted to win the war and are pursuing it until we
win
> the Iraq battle. The vermin are those who say the President lied
about
> the reason to use force to unseat Saddham. I'd never vote for a
> politician who is a weasel and a hypocrite. According to Senator
Jay
> Rockefeller, Iraq posed an imminent threat to the United States.
>
> According to Senator Hillary Clinton, the evidence of weapons of
mass
> destruction and links to Al Qaeda in Iraq turned out to be false,
> however, just months after the bombs started falling, Senator
Clinton
> said that she had no second thoughts about her vote for war. "The
war
> was worth it just to remove Saddam Hussein from power", she said.
>
> "I felt that it was appropriate under the circumstances, which
really
> went back to 1998 under the Clinton administration's conclusion
that
> the regime had to change, that the President [Bush] had authority
> pursue that goal."
>
> "Why was the intelligence consistent from the Clinton
administration
> to the Bush administration?" Clinton added. "The intelligence was
> consistent for over a decade."

Odd that you would use Clinton's words to justify Bush's war...Also,
these types of arguments lead nowhere if we assume as you and others
do, that the only alternative to Bush are the Democrats. The
alternative is an honest, peaceful and ethical approach, while still
accomplishing the aims of influence and prosperity for the US. It
can be done. It is just that the Republicans see the solution as
dictatorship, and the Democrats have been paid off by Bush, who has
never vetoed a spending bill, and are rendered close to worthless
and impotent now. It doesn't negate a solution though.

Awfully ironic that Mr. "I'm a uniter, not a divider" is a uniter of
the majority of the country now against him.

Last, contrary to the beliefs of some, it is no longer possible
to 'win' a war. The suffering, damage, and killing can never again
be justified, under any circumstances. The world has changed for the
forseeable future; war is obsolete. Those that wage it will begin to
pay a more and more immediate price. Blood on the hands is still
blood on the hands.