On Dec 3, 2005, at 6:32 PM, anonymousff wrote:

So Tom, in his moments, is not unique. Dare I say, even on this list,
there lurk a few apparently rude people.

There's rudeness and there's rudeness. Tom is quite a stand-out in that area, IMO. I'm afraid nobody else on this forum even comes close.

But like I say, I had written a lot of stuff over the years prior to
that. Much of it interesting, calm, rational, perceptive. Then there
was the part about wanting to shoot Rick or something. And Peter too.
The latter maybe had some merit. But then that might just be a
southern thing. Like the laudable Georgian congressmen who, live on
TV, virtually challenged Chris Mathews (Hardball) to a duel.  I mean
you gotta watch it when you insult a southern man's honor.

En garde!

Sal