----- Forwarded Message -----
  From: TurquoiseBee <turquoi...@yahoo.com>
 To: Alex Stanley <j_alexander_stan...@yahoo.com>
 Sent: Monday, June 22, 2015 11:01 PM
 Subject: Alex, can you make *another* post to the forum for me?

Alex, you have been an honorable voice in all of this, so I'm going to ask you
for one additional favor -- can you post this update to the group? Thanks in
advance.

Hi guys and gals,

I wanted to pass some information along to you to help with your ongoing
discussions, not to mention your vote. I have sorta been following things on
FFL, although not closely, so I have noticed that Doug Hamilton is *still*
managing to stonewall everyone here and NOT give a reason why he deleted my
access to Fairfield Life. At the same time, he has suggested strongly that he
and Rick are in complete agreement on it (from post #417314):

"Yes, Turqb and Serious are gone from FFL by moderation. I am only the CEO. My
master is the list owner. We had quite sufficient back and forth about this
before taking our additional time to go in to pull the moderation levers in the
controls."

Well, I wish to shed a little light on this claim. Rick *finally* replied to my
email to him, sent NOT to ask to rejoin FFL (there has been such a display of
scumbaggery by a few here that I have serious doubts that I *would* rejoin
FFL), but to focus on what for me is the larger issue of abuse of power. It
took Rick several days *to* reply, and when he did (in a couple of posts), he
made the following points:

1. He does NOT agree that FFL posters should be prohibited from criticizing
David Lynch, as Doug attempted to enforce.

2. He does NOT agree that an FFL moderator should be able to delete a poster
from the forum without giving a specific reason why.

3. He has NOT been "moderating the moderator" and following Doug's actions *as*
moderator. He doesn't have the time. I got the strong impression that he has
not read a single one of the many posts surrounding this issue, and has no
intention of ever doing so. In other words, if you're waiting for Rick to
intervene and "make a wise, informed executive decision" on all of this, you'll
be waiting forever.

4. He does NOT know the reason that Doug deleted me from FFL. Doug has been
stonewalling Rick, just as he has everyone else. If Rick is telling the truth
in his emails to me (and I see no reason to disbelieve him), then Doug is LYING
above about having been in communication with Rick about my removal. He is also
LYING about the "back and forth" between Rick and himself. The truth is more as
Alex told it -- Rick is simply *not interested* in Fairfield Life, and has
neither the time nor inclination to follow a thread of posts and "get to the
bottom of" any issue.

5. Rick suggests that he bowed to Doug's constant demands to be made moderator
as an experiment, and so far has had to trust him to do the right thing. Repeat
-- he has NOT been involved in any of the decisions or pronouncements that Doug
has made.

6. Rick specifically mentioned that he had been afraid that Doug would try to
run things as his "Buck" persona, and made it clear that this was NOT what he
wanted. Doug supposedly agreed, although I think we all know that if he did he
was LYING to Rick about that, too.

That's all I know. I will happily make the whole email exchange available to
Alex if he asks me to do so, so that he can affirm that I am not distorting
what Rick said.

I do NOT have any suggestions for those of you still on FFL, and suffering
under the obvious attempt by a spiritual stormtrooper to take over the forum
and shape it into his sick, twisted vision of "community." I have specifically
NOT asked Rick to reinstate me, and will not do so -- if he decides to, that
will be his decision.

Thanks to many people here for the great writing and the many times you have
stood up for yourselves and done the right thing. Good luck working all of this
out. I'm just writing you to let you know that from my perspective it really
does look as if YOU are the ones who have to work things out -- you *really*
aren't going to get any help from Rick on this.

Turq / Barry

  • [FairfieldLife]... Alex Stanley j_alexander_stan...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]