As a common system for comparison maybe Rick could use these with his
interviewees on Batgap to help suss them out. Fleetwood could use them to
elucidate a membership base over on The_Peak where diverse people rate their
awakening. Enumerating on a scale of The Taoist 12 States of Consciousness,
“how you would rate your experience..?” Might be more useful for discussion
than MMY's Seven-State system or a western scholarly-historical system of three
schools of mysticism to place spiritually awakening people.  -JaiGuruYou

 Thanks for the below list.  Deserves a lot of study.

I wish the list handled "identity" more forthrightly.  Probably if I studied
Taoism I'd see how they handle the issue, and then see that being reflected
this list, but me?, not so much.

This list ends where my interest begins.  I'm not seeking experiences....I'm
not in that business which always has an "other than awareness" component.
That's me.....YMMV and I'd be glad to hear how any of the benchmarks below
actually can be of any practical value in daily life when, IT'S ALL DETERMINED.
 Yeah, I'm one of those guys. Heh.

It just isn't in my cards to be this refined...gave it a 29 year run and it
MADE NO DIFFERENCE.

May you get the delineations you seek.

---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <anartaxius@...> wrote :

 Nice post. You might be interested in some Taoist benchmarks concerning
enlightenment:

 Normal State — Wandering mind. Some will often have 3-6 (or more)
threads/dialogs of thought jumping around.
 Temporary One Thread — In meditation, one quiets to one focused thread (as in
mantra or concentration). At this state, one may begin to notice energy (if
looking for it).
 Temporary Quiet Mind — One can begin to see/trace thoughts.
 Stable Quiet Meditation — One can perceive the nature/energy of mind. Can
perceive astral experiences.
 Expansion of Quiet Mind to Normal Life — One begins to "see themselves" doing
things. An example is seeing yourself getting angry, but can't stop yourself.
 Quiet Mind in Life — Usually only one thread going, sometimes no threads. Can
see and stop yourself from getting angry.
 Calm Mind — No real thoughts unless there is something to do/decide.
Meditation and life are the same. Often described as nothingness. Many stop
here and declare victory.
 Noticing Oneness — Something "tickles" the calm mind. Curiosity returns. Begin
to break beyond the local body-mind.
 See Oneness — Feels like every soul is inside you. Begin integration with
existence.
 Oneness — Can feel everyone and everything.
 Oneness beyond time — Can perceive parallel realities and beyond time.
 Primordial State — Integration with God/Existence/Emptiness (depending on your
perspective).