 quite an exaggeration, I'd say.

 we know negativity, and we know what an edge is.  everyone likes edge, no one
lines trolling.

 it sounds Curtis, like you have a fervent wish for Doug to turn into the
tyrant, he shows no sign of turning into.

Me: It has already happened and because you also hated Barry you are twisting
your ethics around to make it sound OK.

 S: he banned Barry, because he obviously felt the site would be better off
without an individual declaring, loudly, continually, that he was going to
undermine him, the moderator, at every turn.

Me: This term "undermine the moderator" interests me. What specific actions
could a non moderator take that would undermine a person with the power to
banish? Could he state his different opinion perhaps? What Barry was doing was
to voice his objections to Rick giving this kind of power to a person he
predicted would abuse it and low and behold....that is exactly what he did as
soon as he could.

Your story does not fit the facts or even what Buck himself has stated. He
never gave this reason, you are repeating Judy's attempt to make this all sound
reasonable. It is a made-up reason after the fact. I laid out the history of
how it went down and you are ignoring the facts.

 S: since then, there has been no, as in zero, evidence of Doug exerting
editorial control over the site.

Me: Yeah I get it, it was just Holland. He would never go for Poland...

 S: in fact, what we have, and what we haven't had in a long time is,
ironically, the free expression of ideas, without someone with an overriding
agenda putting the bum's rush on any idea he didn't like.

Me: Whenever I lurked in the last few months I would see you responding to
Barry. You spent time doing this. It was your choice. What you wrote about
someone putting a the bum's rush on ideas is a weird statement that hands the
power of your own mind and intellectual boundaries over to someone else here.

I have taken as much fire from as many people as anyone here Steve. I was able
to choose whose criticism I would respond to. I am curious why you feel unable
to make this choice yourself and why you would let anyone's other opinion on a
topic give your  ideas the bum's rush? When you and I disagree, we have a civil
discussion like this one. If Barry didn't treat you that way then why did you
respond to him so much? I think I know. Same reason I interact with people I
don't agree with, because it is a great writing prompt for uncovering our own
ideas in writing to people we disagree with.  I didn't do this with the last R
because he was not capable of discussion. But with the other two I did for the
same reasons you did with Barry I'll bet.

All three R's rode my jock for legions of posts. None of them deserved to get
booted because they went after everything I wrote with their idiotic personal
attacks. None of them gave any of my ideas the bums' rush. They mostly just
proved my point with their behavior.

Buck has violated the trust of this place by being dishonest and if you were
being honest you would just admit that your personal position on Barry has
distorted your sense of right and wrong on this issue. Moderators need to give
reasons for booting people, not lie about it and blame it on other people. And
if as a group we don't buy the reason, Rick should be informed that his
moderator is not running the site as the free though forum it was intended to
be.

Barry didn't need to be a weatherman to see which way the wind was blowing.

---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <curtisdeltablues@...> wrote :

 snip

And the people who didn't like the person look the other way and say,"let's
move along and not be negative."

And the people who have seen this all before and know where it leads stand up
and speak out. Then one of two things happen. Maharishi visits the course and
kicks out the power-grabbing guru wanna-be for abusing his power,

or the other voices get quelled one by one. Time will tell.

 And I notice that Dougy is still not responding to Curtis' request for an
explanation to Turq's getting the boot - ignoring what needs to be addressed
and blabbering about a bunch of other stuff is spot on TMO behavior.