Greece has decisively rejected the austerity package wanted by other EU
members. What this means is unclear to everyone. Greece could be on its way out
of the Eurozone and the fallout for the EU could be a long-term recession. It
will end in tears whatever.

 Greece owes $330 billion. There are only 11 million Greeks!

 One article discussing the crisis mentioned that Britain once defaulted on its
debt to the USA. I'd never heard of that one but it turns out that in 1934
Britain defaulted on war debts to the USA worth about $350 billion in today’s
money. So virtually the same amount! Most people think we have paid the debt
off, but we haven’t.

 So if you Yanks are short of cash you know where to look.