I respect Farrokh's stand. I'm a little curious,
though, about some of his remarks here.

First, he is apparently of the Brigante school,
thinking that the tomfoolery in the Movement
is purely the fault of its administrators and not
of the founder.

I have an undergraduate background in physics
and math, from MIU during the Hagelin years,
and I am a long way from being able to touch
Hagelin's level of math. It's unclear which works
of Hagelin's Farrokh is criticizing: his two TM
monographs ("Is Consciousness the Unified Field?"
and "Restructuring Physics from Its Foundation in
Light of Maharishi's Vedic Science") or his published
high-energy physics papers.

The former are not particularly mathematics-based,
so a series of courses in math is not really the right
foundation to critique them; a long series of
graduate-level courses in high-energy physics,
for which the math would be a prerequisite, would
be, however. It doesn't sound as though Farrokh
has taken such classes. Even if he had, the
monographs do not attempt to construct a
finite unified field theory, a central point in
Farrokh's critique.

Hagelin's published physics papers, similarly, do
not attempt to construct a finite unified theory,
nor do they discuss Vedic science. Hagelin's most
celebrated mainstream work was in grand unified
theory and superstrings.

Maharishi has an undergrad background in physics,
at least a working knowledge of "Maharishi's Vedic
Science," and the experience of discussing physics
with Hagelin for decades. If Farrokh is correct that
Maharishi is an intellectual superstar, wouldn't
Maharishi himself be the best judge of whether
Hagelin is using his theories correctly?

What does Farrokh think of Schanbacher's work?
Clements'?

Most notably, given that Farrokh has constructed
"wonderfully elegant solutions" to the problems
of "the dimensionality of space and the origin
of the symmetries of the Standard Model," it's
just a matter of time until he wins multiple
Nobel prizes.

That's pretty cool. You get on with your bad
self, Farrokh!

In this battle of crap vs crap, I think that
Farrokh still has the upper hand, 'cause he
makes sense in just about every other way.