 There is potential for problems in Europe with a large influx of Muslim
refugees. Muslims are not good at assimilating. Some European countries (France
for example) now have considerable numbers of second- and third-generation
Muslim immigrants who are outside the mainstream of society and disaffected.
They do not fit in. They are unwilling to adopt the values of liberal, secular
Western culture. They are also prone to violence and become easy recruits for
radical Islamic jihadi groups that wish to destroy the West and impose their
own values on us.

 I can't take your word for this. I would have to do some extensive reading to
come to understand what is true and what is false in what you say. There are
always problems with any influx of anybody. There are problems when too many
family members get together for a holiday, for pete's sake. I feel cultural
diversity is healthy and desirable. I don't want a white bread culture and
although I don't welcome violence from anyone (God knows the US has more than
its share between its current residents already) I can not see how anyone could
possibly predict how the Syrian families and individuals will enhance or
detract from a country before they even have a chance to unpack the bags they
don't possess.

 It's a funny old world, really. Germany gets some pretty tough raps for having
a pretty virulent neo-Nazi movement as well as having had a robust population
of real Nazis back in the middle of the last century but look at the country
now. It seems this country is now showing itself to be, perhaps, the most
welcoming and open to the current refugee crisis from Syria. I love to see it.
There is not a country on the planet that doesn't have enough space or
potential to take in thousands of these displaced human beings. If you look at
the birth rate in any given country, the amount of humans that are added to any
country's population in one single day, you will note that it exceeds any
number that would correspond to incoming refugees. The difference: strangers vs
family or fellow countrymen. I personally think Canada is a great place for at
least a quarter of a million of these fleeing people. God knows we have the
space and we have the resources and Canadians are pretty decent folk, generally
speaking.

http://abcnews.go.com/International/refugee-crisis-germans-welcoming/story?id=33589179

http://abcnews.go.com/International/refugee-crisis-germans-welcoming/story?id=33589179