Life History of H.H. Sri Swamiji 158

Unable to withstand the disturbances in the colony by the various activities at
the ashrama
like bhajans, homa etc, he had gone that night and using a special knife had
cut the
tarpaulin. He had then gone on his night duty. There was a disturbance at work
and one of
the colleagues had stabbed him on the stomach. The residents who heard this
story hated
him for the horrible act committed. Swamy came to know about this and
personally sent
some vibhuti with the blessings. He sent words asking the culprit not to get
worried and
he wold get better soon. To make the matters worst, one midnight, about 25-30
rioters
landed at the ashrama with knives and sticks shouting,"Who is this Kesere
Swamy? Let him
come out, we will kill him." The residents of the colony were frightened. The
volunteers at
the ashrama tried to tell the rioters that Swamy did not live at the ashrama.
But Swamy
came out dressed like a medicant and said loudly,"I am that Swamy, What do you
want?""Hit him, do not hesitate," shouted some rioters. They started to move
forward but
found that they could not put a step forward. Their legs had gone stiff.
Dwaraka could not
believe his own eyes and pinched his arm to test if he was dreaming. Swamy in a
serious
tone, pointing to one of the rioters, said,"Is it you, Come here. Tell me why
you all have
come here today like this." That person had a long knife. He shook from head to
foot and
dropped his knife involuntarily."I say, do not get frightened. Just tell me
what happened,"
Swamy asked."Your------, your----, we have the money to the disciple sent by
you------ in hundreds, ----------in hundreds, ----we gave---------," the words
came out hesitantly."I sent my disciple? You gave the money? What is it
Dwaraka? A new
twist to the story?" Swamy said in a calmer note. Swamy continued,"Drop your
weapons.
Come and sit here." Swamy made a disciple to bring out a chair and sat on it.
The bold
rioters started crying. They fell at his feet and said,"Save us, my Lord.""You
will not get
hurt. Do not be frightened. Give me the details," Swamy asked them. It turned
out from
what they said, that they were from a worker's colony and were uneducated. They
had no
idea of God, devotion or bhajans. But they had a lot of blind, ignorant
beliefs. For the past
2-3 months, a young 25 year old lad, dressed up in special silk clothes were
visiting their
colony. Making use of their ignorance, he said to them,"Kesere Swamy had
entered inside
me. He has sent me to save you all. Some of you are caught by the evil forces.
I will make
you better". As the name of Swamy was familiar, they felt happy to note that
Swamy had
personally come to save them. Hoping that they might happily continue eating
and
drinking, they went to the lad to get treated. The lad went to all the houses
and collected
money in the name of Swamy. He told them that half the money collected was for
his guru
from Kesere and the rest was for the expenses. Without even giving them a
charm, he ran
away after collecting the money and was not seen again. As they did not know
his
whereabouts, the workers from the colony decided to attack the ashrama."Do you
believe
me now?" Swamy asked them."Excuse us for being reckless.""You are all clever
people.
Think at what happened in another way. Suppose this lad goes to another village
tomorrow
and using your name collects money from the locals. What happens if those
people land at
your doorstep with knives and sticks?""It was our mistake and please pardon
us.""Leave it
aside now. Should you not have come here first and make enquiries if that lad
was from
here? Instead you came to break the people's heads. Is it justice?""We are
really sorry, it
was our fault.""You agree that it is all your fault and want me to excuse you
all?""Yes""Give
me your promise, I will excuse you.""Do you want us to jump in the fire? We are
ready to
do it.""No, I did not ask that from you. Promise me that if someone harms you
in future,
you will excuse that person, I will excuse you if you give that promise." That
request from
Swamy had to be repeated few times before they could understand. They agreed to
abide
by his command. They took leave of Swamy and promised to come back for the homa
on
Sundays. They kept up to their word and also offered whatever they could afford.

This Yahoo group contains the complete story from the
beginning .
Satyam, or Satyanarayana referred to here was Sri Swamiji's name as a child.
Later
references to Swamy are to Him as well. It describes in detail Sri Swamiji's
relationship with
Ganapathi, His upanayanam, great compassion, commitment to Dharma, His
actions
demonstrating and other miraculous incidents.

Jaya Guru Datta

In Datta Seva
Hanuman

Does he tell you he loves you when he hits you? Abuse. Narrated by Halle Berry.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/hemMeA/rbOLAA/d1hLAA/0NYolB/TM