FWIW a dear friend has been teaching TM out of synch with the TM org
for about a decade now. Early on the same TM legal dept. sent him many
very scary *cease and desist* letters which, though they scared my
friend, did not stop him. Nothing came of it and he has been quietly
and steadily teaching TM all this time, probably averages ten
intiations or so per month (charges $495).

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Rick Archer
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > on 12/7/05 2:02 PM, sparaig at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> >
> > > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "sparaig" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> > > It will be interesting to see what happens with this magazine
> > > advertising thing. My guess is that the TMO will have shown "good
> > > faith" in protecting their trademark and the magazine will stop
> > > advertising for the uncertified teacher at least using the
> words "TM"
> > > and "Transcendental Meditation," if they haven't already. As far
> as I
> > > know, the owner of a trademark can arbitrarily yank permission for
> > > someone to use that trademark any time they want.Certainly, the
> TMO has
> > > given plenty of warning concerning recertification, rajah
> craziness,
> > > etc.
> >
> > I believe Mike Scozarri is recertified. But the course made him
> realize just
> > how bizarre and cultish the whole thing has become, so he bolted.
> > >

> DId he sign any new paperwork? If he did, like as not, he has NO
> legal leg to stand on. If you agree to play the game "their" way and
> then decide you don't like "their" way, you can always go start your
> own game, but you CANNOT claim that you're playing the game their way
> while condemning them for playing the game their way.
>
> He who owns the trademark gets to make the rules, so unless his
> lawyers can show some illegal actions on the TMO's part, he can't do
> a thing. Even if he DOES show illegal actions, all he can ask for is
> monetary compensation. He STILL can't use the trademark without the
> owner's permission, no matter how strange the owners get.

Need Help?  Get Help! Tools and Strategies for Healthy Drug-Free Living</a>.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/wI.OUB/dbOLAA/d1hLAA/0NYolB/TM