---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <olliesedwuz@...> wrote :

 Why would NASA speak about colonizing *anything*??

 ollieollieollie, it was you who just wrote, "When asked, the people involved
mention some fantasy about colonizing other planets."

 It sort of proves my point that such a fantasy is  centuries away.

 Nobody is disputing that point, especially not the folks involved in the space
probe missions. Colonization is still just science fiction.

 They aren't even close to having the tech to initiate such a project. And yes,
we now have TANG, the orange-flavored breakfast drink with a full day's worth
of Vitamin C, from our moon missions. :-)

 Yeah, you should probably read the page I linked to to see what other benefits
there are already and will be soon from space exploration.

 Let's take particle physics as another example, with no practical value to any
of their experiments, and yet somehow a collective feeling that this is useful
science

 I'll let salyavin handle the notion that particle physics is not a useful
science.

 , vs yogic science, which is largely seen as mystical. The bias is
unmistakable, as is the preference for funding.

 ---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <olliesedwuz@...> wrote :

 Yeah, there is a pretty strong bias against yogic science in the West.
Possibly even a racial prejudice. Yoga did not evolve out of either the Western
sciences or religions, and as such, is considered suspect by many.

 In terms of Western science, there is certainly no justification to spend
billions to send space probes to other celestial bodies and planets. When
asked, the people involved mention some fantasy about colonizing other planets.
Excuse me? That is easily as far-fetched as the Maharishi Effect, in terms of
technology's ability to fulfill such an undertaking. Perhaps in several
centuries, but not any time soon, given the magnitude of such an undertaking.
Yet, because we can send a robot to Mars, no one questions the veracity of such
a fantasy, and the continued billions spent.

 I don't know who you've been listening to, but I don't believe it's scientists
who are actually involved in the space probe missions. The vast majority will
agree that colonization is an extremely long-term goal, one that they aren't
even thinking about currently. They're much too busy making use of their
findings and technology to benefit life on earth.

 Have a look at this from NASA. See if you can find any mention of colonization.

 Overview https://www.nasa.gov/topics/benefits/overview/index.html

 https://www.nasa.gov/topics/benefits/overview/index.html

 Overview https://www.nasa.gov/topics/benefits/overview/index.html NASA.gov
brings you the latest images, videos and news from America's space agency. Get
the latest updates on NASA missions, watch NASA TV live, and lea...

 View on www.nasa.gov https://www.nasa.gov/topics/benefits/overview/index.html
 Preview by Yahoo