> Thanks for the clarification.  No flames.
>
> Having spent far too much time in California, around
> women who literally talked in terms of having a
> "prosperous first marriage," so that they never had
> to work a day in their lives, I'm a bit sensitive to
> female money-grubbing.  :-)

Being a guy every once in a while, I can understand the concept of
money grubbing.  There's a famous country singer who announced two
decades ago that he's given up on marriage.  He's found it much easier
on the psyche every few years to go and buy a house and give it to a
woman he can't stand.

Perhaps you should spend some time working out with the guys,
showering with them and sharing a few beers afterwards.  If you
thought Tom appeared to have some unflattering things to say about
women and their motives...

Quite seriously, there was a mad rush in places like Dallas by ladies
who had come back from Governor Training to get the best rising sidha
man with an income.  Tom was accosted by a Governor who's name sounded
like and who looked like she was a Blackfoot Indian but was in fact of
Welch extraction.  She married a real geek who worked at TI because
the man she had had a couple of enjoyable walk and talks with on a CAC
prep course in Forrestburg, TX insulted her and all of Governer- and
Women-kind by not proposing to her on the spot.  Here he was cute,
witty, charming, gentlemanly and prosperous and she had to settle for
second best because Tom left her at the alter during one of those walk
and talks.  Tom's head still reels when he remembers the rage directed
at him by the woman he unknowingly and unwittingly ??jilted??.
Perhaps what every other women has told Tom is right:  men are boys
who never grow up and unsensitive louts to boot.

Ever feel sad or cry for no reason at all? Depression. Narrated by Kate Hudson.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/CQDrNC/ubOLAA/d1hLAA/0NYolB/TM