 Are some of these scientists insecure or something?  I mean, we're getting
"scientist" probably in their 20s declaring things and they really haven't had
much experience in life.   Everyday we get proclamations some which conflict
with another group's proclamations the week before.  Some are just really,
really lame.  I would give them a D if I were their professor.

 I'm intrigued to know what "experience in life" you could have that would make
you more likely to know how much matter there is in distant galaxies. Surely
it's a matter of measuring gravitational rotation and studying
spectroheliographs of emitted light?

 Logically the way we see things in nature work of course it is entirely
possible there are earth like planets throughout the universe.  But why make
the stupid statement that this planet is among the first.  More likely many,
many "Earths" have come and gone.  That is a more logical assumption.

 It's a matter of atomic complexity. The first generation of atoms were 75%
hydrogen, it was the supernovae of the first stars that created the next level
of complexity by fusing atomic nuclei together to make heavier elements. It
takes four generations of stars forming and collapsing to create carbon:

 FORMATION OF THE HIGHER MASS ELEMENTS
http://aether.lbl.gov/www/tour/elements/stellar/stellar_a.html

 http://aether.lbl.gov/www/tour/elements/stellar/stellar_a.html

 FORMATION OF THE HIGHER MASS ELEMENTS
http://aether.lbl.gov/www/tour/elements/stellar/stellar_a.html Formation of the
High Mass Elements (What Happens Inside a Star) ABSTRACT Once the universe was
created by the Big Bang, the only abundant elements prese...

 View on aether.lbl.gov
http://aether.lbl.gov/www/tour/elements/stellar/stellar_a.html
 Preview by Yahoo