Doug,

 Many years ago, a rabbi stated that God needs help from humans to solve the
world's problems.  It sounded strange to read it back then.  But considering
the problems we have now, his statement may have some merit.

 I find it fascinating how the Jewish religion is evolving.  I've read on the
internet that there are some rabbis who don't believe in the existence of God.
If that's the case, these rabbis and their flock will be punished by God for
violating their covenant with Yahweh.

 An orthodox rabbi stated that non-practicing Jews will be persecuted by the
Arabs.  From what we see in the Middle East today, this statement appears to be
true.