 On 11/21/2015 06:53 AM, awoelflebater@... mailto:awoelflebater@...
[FairfieldLife] wrote:

<noozguru@...> mailto:noozguru@... wrote :

 So how many refugees have moved in down the street from you?

 None, so far, and I highly doubt they will be moving down the street as I live
in the relative boonies.

http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/up-to-900-syrian-refugees-a-day-to-land-in-toronto-montreal-document-1.2666663http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/up-to-900-syrian-refugees-a-day-to-land-in-toronto-montreal-document-1.2666663

http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/up-to-900-syrian-refugees-a-day-to-land-in-toronto-montreal-document-1.2666663

 Ah, too bad.   Sounds like  your neighborhood could use some spicing up. :-D

You are correct about that. We have a lot of white bread residents, law abiding
Canadians taking dogs for walks and attending the local farmer's markets.
That's about it but I'll let you know when it gets a bit spicier around here.
I'm the spiciest one by far.

 We're very multicultural here.  I have probably "economic refugees" from China
who moved in across the street.  Gave them directions one day on how to get to
the bus.  Probably bought the house cash too.   A family from Iraq runs a
"junk" store downtown.  I drop in and chat with the owner from time to time. I
helped understand how to put in his security camera system.  Iranians moved to
the Bay Area to flee religious persecution (a woman who cut my hair back in the
early 90s was from there).  And of course we get tons of Mexicans but I was
just reading not so much anymore because it was getting more and more expensive
to slip across the border and the economy may be improving in Mexico.

 On 11/20/2015 07:06 AM, awoelflebater@... mailto:awoelflebater@...