That is encouraging that recruitment efforts appear to be unsuccessful.  And
that seems to be borne out by the lack of incidents in Germany.

 It takes so little, though to make an attack, and I'm sure considerable
resources are spent to infiltrate the community and keep track of the goings on.

---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <emily.mae50@...> wrote :

 I think there is a lot to be said for policies that address the transition and
relocation and stability of these migrants.....I doubt that "kowtowing to every
demand" is listed as a policy.

 It makes sense that the refugees did not migrate with a desire to radicalize.

 The WSJ article also states the following, below.  I don't agree with the last
sentence, as it seems to exclude personal responsibility. But, in the sense
that initial assistance, guidance and economic opportunity are going to be
necessary—that's a given.

 "Intelligence services say they have no evidence of successful recruitment
efforts, pointing to the risk as a long-term problem."

 Some 70% of the migrants arriving in Germany are believed to be Muslims,
according to a spokeswoman for the federal domestic intelligence service. A top
German expert on Islamic radicalization, Claudia Dantschke, said she was
increasingly getting queries from local officials on which mosques to recommend
to migrants and which ones to avoid.
 “These people don’t arrive here ready to be radicalized,” said Ms. Dantschke,
who runs a counseling program for radicalized Muslims. She added that refugees
needed to be quickly given a chance to integrate into German society. “We are
responsible as to whether or not they ever become open to radicalization.”

 I did not read the article you have linked.  I am going by the quote.  The
article I linked doesn't allow for the full content, which I read in the hard
copy WSJ.  But according to the article, the refugees are feted by the
extremest element at the mosques.

 "According to state and local agencies across the country. Islamists have
offered migrants rides, food, shelter and translation help. In some cases they
have invited them to soccer games and grill parties, or bought them copies of
the Quran and conservative Muslim clothing"

 It goes to say, "The wave of migration is exacerbating a problem that has
vexed German security officials for years: how to deal with fundamentalist
Muslim preachers who they suspect play a role in radicalizing youths but don't
appear to breaking laws in doing so"

 With regard to the quote below: WOW, not handling them properly, as is
indicated below?

 It seems to be that if you kowtow to every demand that these or any group of
refugees might have you certainly will not have a problem.  If that is how you
wish to play it.

 Of course, immigrants should always receive report from others who settled
before them.  But that assumes that there is a buy in, at least to a good
extent, into their new country, not a desire to remain isolated, or worse.

 Just my opinion of course.

---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <emily.mae50@...> wrote :

 "The refugees themselves, fleeing war and extremism, are not strong supporters
of the most violent groups: if they were, they would have stayed in Iraq or
Syria.......The actual security risks now are low, but the potential ones are
considerable if the refugee crisis is handled poorly. Policing, service
provision, and local governance in general need to be provided for the long
term. The worst thing European countries could do would be to invite in
hundreds of thousands of refugees in a fit of sympathy and then lose interest
or become hostile, starving them of support and vilifying them politically,
creating a self-fulfilling prophecy."
 Do Syrian refugees pose a terrorism threat?
http://www.brookings.edu/blogs/markaz/posts/2015/10/27-syrian-refugees-terrorism-threat-byman

http://www.brookings.edu/blogs/markaz/posts/2015/10/27-syrian-refugees-terrorism-threat-byman

 Do Syrian refugees pose a terrorism threat?
http://www.brookings.edu/blogs/markaz/posts/2015/10/27-syrian-refugees-terrorism-threat-byman
 Daniel Byman examines whether refugees from Syria and Iraq really pose a
terrorism threat, as some have claimed.

 View on www.brookings.edu
http://www.brookings.edu/blogs/markaz/posts/2015/10/27-syrian-refugees-terrorism-threat-byman
 Preview by Yahoo

 German Officials Warn of New Security Risk: Local Extremists Recruiting
Refugees
http://www.wsj.com/articles/german-officials-warn-of-new-security-risk-local-extremists-recruiting-refugees-1448846681

http://www.wsj.com/articles/german-officials-warn-of-new-security-risk-local-extremists-recruiting-refugees-1448846681

 German Officials Warn of New Security Risk: Local Extrem...
http://www.wsj.com/articles/german-officials-warn-of-new-security-risk-local-extremists-recruiting-refugees-1448846681
 Migrants are increasingly ending up at mosques attended by Islamist radicals,
authorities say

 View on www.wsj.com