 The world’s first anti-aging drug will be tested on humans next year in trials
which could see diseases like Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s consigned to distant
memory.

 Scientists now believe that it is possible to actually stop people growing old
as quickly and help them live in good health well into their 110s and 120s.

 Although it might seem like science fiction, researchers have already proven
that the diabetes drug metformin extends the life of animals, and the Food and
Drug Administration in the US has now given the go ahead for a trial to see if
the same effects can be replicated in humans.

 "Most people spend a life they don't know what to do with, wishing they had
another one that lasted forever"  said erm, someone...
 The trouble with these extended lives is they don't have a way to increase
energy or reverse muscle wastage, without that what's the point if you're just
going to spend longer in an old folks home? Sounds awful to me.

 Another problem is cost, who pays the extra pensions? They are bankrupting us
as it is - unless Osborne is planning to raise the pension age to 85. Wouldn't
put it past him...
 But all the extra people having to work later will coincide with the next wave
of job automation that AI will bring, the white-collar workforce is going to
get shafted like the blue-collars did.
 And there's too many people anyway. let's face it. I say we spend our research
money on quality of life and not quantity, and maybe educate people to accept
the inevitable...

 World's first anti-ageing drug could see humans live to 120
http://tinyurl.com/n9tqz7l

 http://tinyurl.com/n9tqz7l

 World's first anti-ageing drug could see humans live...
http://tinyurl.com/n9tqz7l Scientists believe the common diabetes drug
metformin could hold the secret of long life and want to start a groundbreaking
human trial in 2016

 View on tinyurl.com http://tinyurl.com/n9tqz7l
 Preview by Yahoo