 From: "emily.mae50@... [FairfieldLife]" <FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com>
 To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
 Sent: Monday, December 14, 2015 12:57 PM
 Subject: Re: [FairfieldLife] You Don't Have to Be Liberal to Understand This

   Mike, your language!  "Unfettered?"  What?

 Re: ".....disarm law abiding citizens from the ability to protect
themselves".....

 I choose not to live in fear, however if I were to walk around afraid for my
life, I'd be way more afraid of "law abiding" vigilantes than I would the
possibility that I might get gunned down in a terrorist attack.

 I think it highly more likely that "law-abiding" or not (and that's another
buzz term that means nothing when it comes to "protecting" oneself.  The entire
sentence is nonsense), the potential for murder is much higher with a
prevalence of armed, fearful, citizens.  Most of us don't have the experience
or training, imo, that would allow us to challenge our automatic reaction to
fear, that would allow us to assess a situation rationally.  Basically, if
statistics prove to be accurate, the more guns we sell our "law abiding"
citizens, the more people are going to die needless deaths and they won't be
terrorists.

 What I'm saying is.......I don't believe that an armed citizenry, the large
majority of which has no experience of any depth with guns, is the answer to
terrorism or to any social problem.  Guns aren't going away, I realize that.
The least we should do is require significantly more stringent gun control
laws.

 Even Switzerland, who arms a citizen militia intentionally, understands the
need for gun control.

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:cJXUAH09uhoJ:www.dailykos.com/story/2013/2/28/1190586/-Some-Truth-About-Switzerland-and-Guns+&cd=2&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&client=safari

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:cJXUAH09uhoJ:www.dailykos.com/story/2013/2/28/1190586/-Some-Truth-About-Switzerland-and-Guns+&cd=2&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&client=safari

 BTW, I'm having trouble understanding how, not wanting to invite unfettered
refugees into the country as being the politics of *fear* but wanting to disarm
law abiding citizens from the ability to protect themselves is not.