---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Fairfield/JeffCo Mental Health Alliance <i...@fairfieldmentalhealth.org>
Date: Wed, Dec 23, 2015 at 8:34 PM
Subject: A holiday potluck party open to all, this Saturday Afternoon at the
Rec Center

|  |
  | Email not displaying correctly?
View it in your browser. |

|    |
| There will be a Holiday Potluck Saturday December 26th 11:30am-2:30pm at the
community room (Gojindy) on the second floor of the Fairfield Parks and Rec
Center - free and open to the public - all ages welcome.

We hope this will be the first of many potlucks that foster a spirit of
community, connection, belonging, and self-worth, developing networks of
inclusion, support and service opportunities at a person to person level.

If your organization would like to participate or host future programs, please
contact the Fairfield Mental Health Alliance.

This event is inspired by the belief that suicide prevention is everyone's
business, and that personal and social connections are vital to health and
happiness and can help prevent suicide.

Every life has value, and every person has a unique contribution to make and
deserves opportunities for inclusion, support, and supporting others.

The winter can be a time of isolation, feeling lonely or excluded, and having
greater need for warmth, transportation, food, clothes, money, and more. We
hope to combat this by bringing people together to have fun and appreciate and
support one another in a relaxed family atmosphere. Everyone is welcome to
attend, to offer their gifts, and to state their
needs._______________________________
Very very last thing - if 7 of us can chip in $5 that will cover the cost of
the space.

Thanks again. _______________________________ Great source and info from Ken:
   - Small Towns Face Rising Suicide Rates
   - NAMI:  Iowa's Mental Health System
Check out our progress and help us make this site even better for everyone:
   - www.FairfieldMentalHealth.org
Check out our new FaceBook page, add in your thoughts, share with all your
friends, and please Like us:
   - https://www.facebook.com/fairfieldmentalhealth
For a bit of fun and exploration addressing mental health issues:
   -  Last Week Tonight with John Oliver: Mental Health
   - TED talks on Mental Health

   - YouTube of our Lectures
(we are just starting this channel, so let us know what else to put on here)
   - Mental Health Matters, radio show
(not all of them are there, and soon they will be on our YouTube channel, as
well) |

| December |

| 26th
11:30-2:30PM |

|  |

|    |

CONTACT US
i...@fairfieldmentalhealth.org

unsubscribe from this list | update subscription preferences | Forward to
Friend

|  |  |
|  |

 why did I get this?    unsubscribe from this list    update subscription
preferences
 Fairfield/Jefferson County Mental Health Alliance · 402 North B Street ·
Fairfield, IA 52556 · USA