Different from a Washington leaving office at a height of success, 'apropos' an
old quote on 'relinquishing' control this comes around again:

 “You have sat too long here for any good you have been doing lately…. Depart,
I say; and let us have done with you. In the name of God,—go!”—Thomas Carlyle,
Oliver Cromwell’s Letters and Speeches, vol. 3, part 7, pp. 34–35 (1897).

 This quote was used again in 1940 in the House of Commons to usher out an old
and act as to bringing in Churchill at that time of crisis.  Right now so many
of the metrics about TM could well justify using the quote again in a new light
of context.

---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <dhamiltony...@yahoo.com> wrote :

 Relinquishing power locally it should make a really nice January 12th birthday
gift to the whole [wholeness] of the meditating community if the Prime Minister
of the GCoWP could relinquish his Presidency over the university here and let
someone else have it. Like, let it go to someone from the ranks more scholarly,
academically experienced and more widely respected like Craig Pearson. It seems
time. 'Old' presidents going 'emeritus' has its place in the daily operation of
things.

---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <dhamiltony...@yahoo.com> wrote :

 Yep, raising crops and also making some 'value-added' wine and spirits as was
done in farming then. But then Washington subsequently came back from the farm,
was elected and served as president of these United States and in 'process'
relinquished power yet again. It is a remarkable story in human nature.

---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <mdixon.6...@yahoo.com> wrote :

 Where he commenced to makin' *Moonshine*.