On Dec 9, 2005, at 2:34 PM, authfriend wrote:

Let's see...I believe the context of my post was
MMY's reported notion that very young children
shouldn't be taught second languages because it
causes some kind of "subtle confusion."

And what exactly gives you the impression that MMY knows *anything* about what children need, or what causes confusion or anything else? All the experience he's had raising them?

I'm having a little trouble seeing how the things
you list have anything to do with that.  Would you
care to elaborate?

I'm obviously experiencing subtle confusion. Must have been the Spanish I took in grade school.

Sal