 What you don't seem to recognize is, that is what makes him popular. He
doesn't come off as a wimp but a strong leader, someone who will *fight* for
what he wants. He is representing the antithesis of what the Republican Party
has become, a bunch of wimps that roll over and do whatever the Democrats want,
which is for them to shut up and get out of the way. Case in point is the most
recent Omnibus bill that just passed in the House. Paul Ryan is in serious
trouble with his own party. The louder and more *obnoxious* Trump gets, by your
standards,the more popular he is going to become. Trump is a very polarizing
figure but he is drawing people to him that Republicans never could. Every time
he seems to shoot himself in the foot, he gets even more popular. I hate to
think what it's going to take for him to implode.

 Well, it isn't going to be his foul mouth, infantile need to be the "winner"
or his impressive narcissism, at least so far. Some of the American public
seems to have an inexhaustible tolerance for such things. You say he doesn't
come across as a "wimp" but my idea of strength and ability to lead does not
include hate-mongering, belittling of one's opponents, the pathetic need to be
the big man on campus or an obvious inability to tolerate being bested or
seeing one for who one really is. Trump is not a wimp, he is way worse than
that. I'll take wimp any day over any single one of Trump's personality traits.