and I listened to, and watched, (in car and at home) a good part of the debate
last night.  I tend to be a middle of the roader, with a conservative slant,
but I was appalled at the race to extremism displayed by the candidates.
utterly devoid of any nuance, and solutions laid out in strictly black and
white terms, each afraid of being out done by the guy next to him.

 those sounding a more sensible approach simply appear to have no place in the
process, at least on the conservative side.  I hope we, Americans, can see
through the rhetoric.

 I saw 13 Hours at a sneak last night. Very well done! No names, no politics,
no finger pointing. But you leave the theater asking why more couldn't have
been done.