I found there to be a degree of separation between the actual child and the
point it was trying to make.  I placed it in that larger context, and in my
admittedly perverse sense of humor, found it funny.

 And having grown up as a member of the "tribe", I do find many jokes about the
"tribe" funny.  Often because there is usually a grain or two of truth in them.

 Actually, it was the Israeli Anti Semitic Cartoon Contest.  It's just that
many of the cartoons pertained to the Holocaust.

 It's not that I can't laugh at serious subjects. I don't think there's a
subject under the sun that can't be presented as quite hilarious given the
correct context and the appropriate delivery. I go by my gut sometimes and my
gut didn't like that particular cartoon of Hebdo's. In fact, I am positive
there is not a mother or father on the planet who would have found it funny or
satirically apropos if that child was their own. Is that lack of objectivity on
their part? Maybe.

 I admit, I thought it was brilliant.  It reminded me of some of the cartoons
from the Israeli Anti Semitic Holocaust Cartoon Contest, many of which I
thought were also hilarious.

 Yea, I know what it probably says about me.

 I personally believe the recent Hebdo cartoon went too far in the wrong
direction. I was appalled by it. Here is what one writer thought:

http://gulfnews.com/opinion/thinkers/charlie-hebdo-s-refugee-cartoon-isn-t-satirical-it-s-inflammatory-1.1654631

http://gulfnews.com/opinion/thinkers/charlie-hebdo-s-refugee-cartoon-isn-t-satirical-it-s-inflammatory-1.1654631