 Okay, but overt charlatan-ism aside there is a lot of cultivated miraculous
stuff around here in Fairfield, Iowa and it gives faith to larger spiritual
reaches in reality as you may know it.

 For instance, 'couple nights ago someone I know was called to monitor an elder
who was passing away who was living away down south somewhere. This person
being asked checked in on the elder energetically by remote and picked up on
the elder actively transitioning with the light body lifting off and
disengaging from the physical body.

 As that process was going on some energetic guide was present nearby the elder
but something else energetically came right up to the elder energetically.

 This last aspect was remarkable and not usual.   Later it was found that a
close sibling to the elder had passed away on the same day.   Kind of spooky or
miraculous? It can give a little faith to larger processes in the human spirit.
 Have a wonderful Utopia in 2016,  -JaiGuruYou!

 Believe me, I know there is more than meets the eye. I am counting on it. It
is just that mankind has a tendency to let you down and I think ollie nailed it
when he spoke about the inherent traps of being considered a near God or God
himself. The temptations to act any way you see fit are too great and these
revered "gurus" fall off the rails.

 But that was a great story. I know you said your wife works with the dying.
That is quite a calling. Kudos to her.

---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <olliesedwuz@...> wrote :

 No one can excuse that predatory behavior, though what would any of us be
like, if we were proclaimed living gods or goddesses by those around us,
completely free of any ability to do wrong in the eyes of our followers? Unless
we had worked out our issues, the whole thing goes off the rails very quickly,
to say nothing of those drawn to this 'line of work' primarily for its
manipulative possibilities.

 The current generation, with its access to pervasive media, seems far less
likely to follow such people, though, so perhaps these charlatans will just
fade away.
    --In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <awoelflebater@...> wrote :

 Sai Baba. A serial sex abuser. Young boys a speciality.  Disgusting man.

 The fact that "Ram Dass" (translates as "servant of God"!) could fall for his
schtick shows the deleterious effects of too much LSD.

 I'm not a guru-following kind of woman and am unfamiliar with just about all
of them so when I saw the video of Sai Baba and then proceeded to watch a bunch
of other videos of him all I could do was shake my head. This guy was worse at
tricks/close up magic than I am and I'm terrible. Surely, after all of the
amateur palming of trinkets and crushing of ash pellets someone had to have
noticed he was a fake when it came to magically producing stuff out of thin
air. As far as anything else he was capable of, and I guess he did some social
projects that were notable, I can not comment although from what you and Emily
have indicated he liked fondling young boys. What is it with these guys?

 ---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <emily.mae50@...> wrote :

 Every time I see this man's face, I think "pedophile" and "madman."

 Nice reflection.  About how he was touched by him.

 ..and it is very interesting what miracles do for most people who are ready to
see them. They give a flicker of faith in the possibility that things aren’t
the way that you thought they were.

---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <martin.quickman@...> wrote :

 Touching report from Ram Dass on his meeting Sai Baba back in those early days
of the 1960’s.

A Flicker Of Faith, Ram Dass - Early Sai Baba Devotees
https://sathyasaimemories.wordpress.com/2016/01/17/a-flicker-of-faith-ram-dass-early-sai-baba-devotees/

https://sathyasaimemories.wordpress.com/2016/01/17/a-flicker-of-faith-ram-dass-early-sai-baba-devotees/

 A Flicker Of Faith, Ram Dass - Early Sai Baba Devotees
https://sathyasaimemories.wordpress.com/2016/01/17/a-flicker-of-faith-ram-dass-early-sai-baba-devotees/
       Touching report from Ram Dass on his meeting Sai Baba back in those
early days of the 1960's. He tells us here how Baba created a ring for him. He
tells u...

 View on sathyasaimemories.w...
https://sathyasaimemories.wordpress.com/2016/01/17/a-flicker-of-faith-ram-dass-early-sai-baba-devotees/
 Preview by Yahoo