On 01/19/2016 02:24 PM, salyavin808 wrote:

Expert says 're-engineering our children’ will lead to the creation of a
new species

Only if you re-engineer all of them. Otherwise all you do is add a few more genes to the pool that the grand sweep of evolution will select from. They are useful, or they aren't.

But we'll become a new species someday anyway, who knows what traits will be useful or not?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-3405312/Could-humanity-s-century-Expert-says-engineering-children-lead-creation-new-species.html

I think they are going down a wrong track and are limited by their
ignorance.

That's OK, nature is blind and wouldn't care if we were smart or not. Survival is the only judgement for a species, I can't see how anything people do genetically to each other will affect the whole race if it stops them reproducing.

 And techniques for longevity have been around for
centuries. It's a part of Ayurveda.

LOL, it's part of the brochure for ayurveda but I haven't noticed my friends living longer or healthier lives.

You've never heard of Kayakalpa? And your friends probably didn't either. Look it up. In a nutshell it's alternating reduction techniques (detoxification) and tonification (rejuvenation). Probably not part of the MAPI scheme.