 The.. Fairfield “transcendental meditationists”.

 Dawn asks: What are *taters* or *rus*?

 Nick names Townies had for people in the TM movement. *Tater* was short for a
meditater, also a shortened forum for a  tuber called a potato . Rus were short
for gurus.

 What would be real interesting to know is how Townies voted compared to
*taters* or *rus*.

 Jefferson County, which includes Fairfield, went 73% for Sanders, 27% for
Clinton -- an amazing result, and easily Bernie's biggest victory margin in
Iowa. Nothing else came close.

 Would be interesting to see how the Vedic City republican transcendental
meditationists split on their candidate preference.

 I only have one FB friend from FF who voted for Hillary. There are at least 12
others who voted Bernie. Does that help? FB is the window on the whole world -
LOL.

 Dear Friends, to help facilitate scholarly research I have recently sent the
accompanying memo around to groups of scholars and journalists who study
communal groups like our meditating community in Fairfield, Iowa.

 This is meant to be of help for folks looking in on our meditating community
in Fairfield, Iowa from the outside. As a two-for tool this also can be helpful
towards bringing our own local community up on more current processes that are
evolving in the Fairfield, Iowa meditating community.
 Paste..
 January 1, 2016

 To facilitate scholarly research I have collated some material that communal
studies historians and social scientists might
 enjoy looking through. There is an old Yahoo-groups forum [ FairfieldLife ]
related
 to the meditating community in Fairfield, Iowa.

 The forum is fifteen years old
 and is an amazing archive of notes on communal meditating Fairfield, Iowa.
 There is treasure of material, some from eye-witnesses who 'were there' spread
 throughout the archive. Over the years I have kept an index that I
periodically update.
 On January 1, this year (2016) I updated some of the indexing and brought up
to date with some
 more current threads about the meditating community in Fairfield.

 Collating this material to January 1st as a date makes it much easier to find
and research with only a few clicks.

 To navigate on the FairfieldLife main page scroll down towards its bottom to a
calendar matrix where you can easily click on to 2016 and the month of January.
That takes you directly to Jan 1 of 2016. You can then scroll down and find the
indexing that is posted there and other relevant communal studies threads
within the January 1st posts.

 It Seems easier to operate on a laptop vs smart phone screen. Some browsers
and their settings may choke at the yahoo interface. Switching browsers may
help. You will get the hang of it once you get going. The FairfieldLife at
yahoo-groups main page is home at:

 Social scientists might like the more current summary posts on communal mental
health in the Fairfield meditating community and the posts on recent
demographic trends.  Some of these subjects are currently touchy hot for
various reasons.   I put some of these subjects together in this post:
 423699Year-end, 2015 Post-Founder TM, an Index
 https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/FairfieldLife/conversations/messages/423699

 Also,

 A much longer FFL subject index is posted
 to be found there on Jan 1 at:
 423593Re: An Old Index to FFL
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/FairfieldLife/conversations/messages/423593
 Once there, at the bottom of that page click on 'previous posts' in the thread
to expand the index.

 Within these January 1 posts rolling further in to the month of January are
some posts are some that historians of Quakers and others as spiritual
community might like, for instance.

 423590Re: Spirituality
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/FairfieldLife/conversations/messages/423590
 and
 423568Re: Morphology of Spiritual Communities, Morbidity and the Baby-Boom
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/FairfieldLife/conversations/messages/423568