> on 12/9/05 7:07 PM, lurkernomore20002000 at [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> wrote:
>
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "feste37" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >>
> >> No, it's not changed. Although the brutally cynical posters on
> > this board will
> >> never acknowledge it, MSAE has a remarkable record of significant
> >> achievement. See the list compiled below, which I have taken from
> > the MSAE
> >> website.
> >
> > Okay, maybe I'm shooting from the hip cause I'm jumping in on this
> > thread, but is it so difficult to "train" or inspire kids to be high
> > achievers?  I always had the impression that MSAE and the MIU
> > community had something to "prove" with MSAE.  That even though we
> > were "fringe", we could out-achieve, out-perform the traditional
> > segment.  And that this was a kind of "mission".  Here's the true
> > test.  How well adjusted are these kids?

As everywhere else, high-achievement and/or creative kids tend to come
from similar type family env'ts.  I've known several ru families here
who have taken their kids out of msae due to disappointment with the
loss of good teachers and fear of declining academics, but eventually
put their kids back because they felt the more nurturing env't at msae
allow their kid's unique talents to come out more.  A smart sensitive
and creative child from a stable ru home is likely to thrive at msae,
esp in extracurriculars.  Unfortunately the once great drama dept is
in decline due to the recent enforced separation of the genders.
There are still some excellent devoted athletic coaches plus great
options like destination-imagination.  But due to demographic based
declining enrollment, this may be the last year for successful sports
teams.  Lots of unstable ru families here in ffd over the yrs which I
think was the main cause of the drug situation there, which was once
significant but seems to be way down now from what I hear.  If your
child has any sort of learning problem, they'll most likely be steered
out of msae and into the public school system, an advantage that all
private schools enjoy.

Regarding overall adjustment, msae kids who go on to normal colleges
seem to do just fine if not better than avg, but those who go onto mum
and stay within the coccon have been known to have superiority issues
and to wander around in life a bit.

Does he tell you he loves you when he hits you? Abuse. Narrated by Halle Berry.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/hemMeA/rbOLAA/d1hLAA/0NYolB/TM