I replied with the following note,
 anybody have something to add?

 Reply:

 "A great pleasure to hear from you.

 Yes, as to the designs, there are the principles of the sthapatya veda design
and then how the TM community has formalized it, popularized it and trademarked
it.
 Googling keywords like Vastu design gets you into the subject.  Also sthapatya
veda.

 google sthapatya veda images comes up with this abstract of a floor design.

 https://www.google.com/imgres? imgurl=http://image. slidesharecdn.com/
introtomaharishisthapatyaveda- 12731880980775-phpapp02/95/
intro-to-maharishi-sthapatya- veda-17-728.jpg%253Fcb%
253D1273170267&imgrefurl=http: //www.slideshare.net/SJQ/
intro-to-maharishi-sthapatya- veda-4000245&h=546&w=728&
tbnid=qc6mGZBIUK_OMM:&docid= ZVDvWIph6ZLo-M&ei=BRexVoXqK-
TxjgSptYLADw&tbm=isch&ved= 0ahUKEwjFgKzs- tnKAhXkuIMKHamaAPgQMwgfKAIwAg
https://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://image.slidesharecdn.com/introtomaharishisthapatyaveda-12731880980775-phpapp02/95/intro-to-maharishi-sthapatya-veda-17-728.jpg%253Fcb%253D1273170267&imgrefurl=http://www.slideshare.net/SJQ/intro-to-maharishi-sthapatya-veda-4000245&h=546&w=728&tbnid=qc6mGZBIUK_OMM:&docid=ZVDvWIph6ZLo-M&ei=BRexVoXqK-TxjgSptYLADw&tbm=isch&ved=0ahUKEwjFgKzs-tnKAhXkuIMKHamaAPgQMwgfKAIwAg

 The TM movement's version of sthapatya design is talked about on a wiki page.
 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ Maharishi_Vastu_Architecture
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maharishi_Vastu_Architecture

 Quite a number of tru-believers have built pure designed sthapatya designed
homes.  A lot of meditators adapt according to budgets and life otherwise.
Some people take their existing homes and maybe will change where their main
door entry is.  It is pretty clear that meditators in trend tend to live on the
west side of streets facing east.  East facing houses sell at a premium.  So
much so that the county assessor adjusts valuations for property taxes
accordingly.

 I built a home for myself back in the 1980's before sthapatya ved became
propelled as a rage and anxiety from within TM.   My people have a background
in Frank LLoyd Wright Prairie architecture.  My dad had a first cousin who ran
off from Yale architectual school and went to study and then live in the
communal fellowship up in Spring Green, Wisconsin with Frank Lloyd Wright.  Was
scandalous when that happened.
 After WWII my father had that cousin design a house for our family.  I grew up
in a prairie style home, which of course was oriented to the sun naturally.  As
I built my home in the 80's it was passive solar super insulated state of the
art then.  By good fortune my house happens to have an East entry such that
when TM came out with sthapathya ved I was not alarmed to the point of having
to do anything to keep up with my neighbors who were seeking fortune creating
houses, as they say.

 It was a cultural phenomena that happened.  Still, often if meditators buy or
build houses it is in the back of their minds to get a properly oriented house.

 ..

 Good to hear from you.
 All blessings from the land of
 transcendental meditationists,

 Fairfield, Iowa,

 end}

---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <dhamiltony...@yahoo.com> wrote :

 I receive a flow of some e-mail thru the FairfieldLife home page sent
 to the 'owner'. That link at the bottom of the home page
 is a way that 'non-members' lurking
 can make contact with the group.

 If things are written well within
 the yahoo-groups guidelines I bring them over.
 This one came in from a scholar who studies
 groups like ours in Fairfield.

---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <dhamiltony...@yahoo.com> wrote :

 FW: "Some years ago a small group of us went on a tour.  At the time it was
not the giant university campus it is now.  A member of the community (I
believe that she was a woman of Indian abstraction) was our tour guide, and I
was particularly impressed by the domestic houses built according to certain
Hindu principles. They were square and had a central entry. The doors had to
face a certain way. The ventilation was not mechanical but very effective,
especially in summer.

Do you know where I could find a photograph and a general house plan for those
houses?

Best regards,.."