 From: "emily.mae50@... [FairfieldLife]" <FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com>
 To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
 Sent: Saturday, February 13, 2016 3:24 PM
 Subject: [FairfieldLife] Re: What is Going on Right Now

   The two extreme polar opposites as possibly electable candidates is a pretty
interesting scenario for this country, reflecting as you state, the increasing
social and economic stress of the need for change on so many levels.  Hillary
is in the middle of this maelstrom and trying to establish herself as the
candidate of the "middle way."

---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <olliesedwuz@...> wrote :

 I am anything but apathetic, however Trump is very much a creation of our
design. Big Biz feels increasingly emboldened by the steady stream of successes
they have accomplished; off-shoring jobs, wage stagnation, lowest taxes ever
especially for the investment bankers, no minimum wage increases, off-shore
bank accounts for tax evasion, trillion dollar bailouts with no jail time, and
the list continues. This creation of a wealthy class essentially above the law,
with its consequent strain on our economy, has created a tremendous amount of
social stress as well. So the conditions are perfect for someone like Trump to
show up, throw out a lot of simplistic ideas and slogans, and draw big crowds
and media attention. He is getting a lot of power from people's
dissatisfaction, and continues to tell them what they want to hear. He is a
mirror of our social discontent.

 Fortunately, in addition to the fantasy offered by Trump, Bernie Sanders is
providing the *rational response* to these very skewed economic conditions, by
setting out some fairly simple fixes centered around all of us paying our fair
share of taxes. Getting everyone to pay their fair share, especially those who
employ armies of tax consultants for tax avoidance, is not a fix in and of
itself, but it will ensure we all have equal skin in the game. Governor Kasich,
one of the Republican candidates, said that during the GW Bush administration,
by allowing the rich to avoid taxes and starting two wars, we blew a FIVE
TRILLION dollar surplus. That would kind of come in handy now...

 So we created Trump, his power and his ugly ideas, but the same conditions
have also created an opening for Bernie Sanders, and getting this country off
this dysfunctional path of easy fixes up front, with devastating consequences
later.

 ---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <emily.mae50@...> wrote :

 No, he is NOT!  The media fascination with such a disordered individual should
not dictate apathy and resignation to the "The Lord of the Flies" storyline.
He won't and can't win.  And, yes, God help us.

---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <olliesedwuz@...> wrote :

 He was inevitable. He is our All American hero, and God help us.

---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <olliesedwuz@...> wrote :

 I don't understand why everyone is so confounded by Trump. I sat in a lot of
corporate meetings and men (and  women) like him are everywhere. I guess it is
surprising to a lot of people how ugly corporate business has become, with a
winner take all/loser gets nothing attitude, and a flood of overly macho, war
and sports oriented rhetoric. Guys like Trump are a dime a dozen. People make
him out to be some sort of anomaly, perhaps not wanting to believe the country
is full of such individuals. Ooops.

 It is not that I haven't seen this in the business world, especially as a
woman. But Trump goes beyond the ugly aspect of the alpha male,
testosterone-fueled competitiveness for more than their market share and
everyone else be damned phenomenon that happens all the time. He is running for
office, and not just any office. He is thriving on and promoting hatred, not
simply looking for some leg up on his business/market competitors. This is much
bigger, this is much more odious in the sense that it goes beyond money or what
land gets developed for another Target store. Trump is insatiable. He has
already proven himself in the business world, for better or for worse, and now
he is going after the Presidency? What for? Well, evidently because he is power
mad. He is linked into some power buzz and he is beyond rehabilitation. He can
not help or stop himself no matter what the cost. I can only hope that where
there is darkness there will be a responding light. Where there is depravity
then a opportunity for goodness and love will open up. I am not so much
confounded by Trump but by how many support him. There are plenty of horrific
humans on the planet but I never dreamed so many people would revel in one as
dreadful as him.

---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <emily.mae50@...> wrote :

 Yep, this nails it pretty well.  He's in it for the *win* and increasingly
seems to believe his own narrative.  He's completely insane.

 Yes he is and those who find him to be their 'answer' are blind and committed
to repeating history within 70 years of WWII with all its atrocities and
brutalities brought on by Hitler and his henchmen. I don't get it, not at all.
What a stink, what hate lies within the crevices of American society and Trump
is someone so full of the same that he has appealed to those who want an excuse
to let all of this pus, this rottenness come to the surface. But, this is no
purification process, this is becoming a mob scene where the worst of what
makes up human's baser characteristics is taking over. I am becoming more
horrified by the day.

http://www.thenation.com/article/donald-trump-the-most-dangerous-face-in-the-republican-crowd/

http://www.thenation.com/article/donald-trump-the-most-dangerous-face-in-the-republican-crowd/