Truth and Consequences, The Sin of the Spin,

 Nice post, Upfronter. This is really well written critique as it speaks to the
dangers we have in our collective story of our communal TM standard of ethics
as a corporate spiritual group.

 It comes at a good time for what are processes of internal cultural review
that are going on inside TM right now.  Thanks, makes a good link about the
consequences of ethic as a leading economic indicator that is mighty pertinent
right now.

 XO

---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <awoelfleba...@yahoo.com> wrote :

---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <upfronter@...> wrote :

 “Teacher briefly glances at initiation form to check the criteria for mantra
selection (age and/or sex) and to preserve the illusion of personal mantra
selection.”

 In other words, alter the truth that mantra selection is based solely on age
and sex and create an illusion that it is something else, i.e. unique and
created, perhaps by some special yogic power to personally suit the initiate.
The mantra will work either way but why create this illusion and does it matter?

 Now personally I find this quite disturbing because Truth is absolute and
veering away from Truth by embellishment, exaggeration, trickery or outright
deception will not be without its natural consequences. Here could be a
fracture in the overall Organization which is difficult to heal. I see Truth as
being that which is radiated into ones surroundings from the spiritual being
within, and so if that Truth is tainted in any way then the radiated spiritual
vibrations will also fly those tainted colours, as it were, but if the Truth is
pure then pure vibrations are radiated into the environment.

 The NSR people, for instance, tell it “as it is” and the technique works well
without distortion of any truth. I mention this example because "the end result
is justified by the means" without embellishment.

 It may be that in a culture where bartering has been the norm for millennia,
it is expected to create an illusion about the commodity in question in the
mind of the purchaser or the one receiving the service, in order that the
highest subjective value is perceived. But when dealing with absolute Truth, as
a Vedic master claims to do, then creating an illusion separate to the
existence of the truth in question is questionable for some and nothing short
of lying for others.

 It seems natural for many people that “the end justifies the means”, i.e.
people learn to meditate so it doesn’t matter if they are tricked or lied to in
order for this to come about. However, for me personally, I cannot accept this
apparent truth.

 For many, it not only seemed natural for MMY to be justified in "tricking" his
way into Guru Dev’s life, but, relishing the story as he told thousands of
people of his little ruse, indicates to me that deception towards a justified
end is even granted some kind of special status.

 The problem, I believe, is that when one accepts all this illusion-creation as
not only natural but desirable in certain circumstances, then it is not a wise
thing at all, because not only is Truth distorted from its own natural pure
flow, but the creator of illusion cannot truly be believed in anything else he
or she says because it must always be tested as to its content for exaggeration
or justified deception – at least, this is true for those who perceive an
injustice in creating an illusion from a specific truth.

 For instance, decades ago MMY would say that all a man has to do is meditate
twice a day and "he will be right". Decades later, MMY is saying that unless a
man lives in a building based on Vastu Architecture, then that man “will never
be right, never be right, never be right”. So, to me personally, this is more
of that ”illusion-creation” which is permitted to be used because “the end
justifies the means” in the sense that people get to live in such buildings
which “may” have some special effect but which is probably psychological, and
also because another MMY project gains a foothold on this planet.

 While I do not doubt that some yogic powers have effects not able to be
explained by science, demonstration of such powers only bolsters secondary
offerings amongst those willingly accepting everything said from the mouth of a
master who can conscientiously alter truth to create an untrue illusion (a lie)
to achieve an end which is beneficial if not purely altruistic.

 So, again for instance, if MMY categorically states that Vedic Astrology
cannot be challenged as to its authentic ability to interpret current and
future events and likelihoods, then thousands of people will just accept this
as unquestionable truth, and so such a such a planet passing through such a
such a constellation proves that “something dangerous will happen” in such a
such a country in the months of June and July. And lo and behold, a tremor
occurs in said country in those months and this of course verifies Vedic
Astrology because the power behind the suggestion turns the desire and mind
towards specifics rather than generalisations – it becomes true.

 I thank MMY yogi and Guru Dev and all the disciplic line for the priceless
gift of meditation, but the trappings that are bolstered through the powerful
results of meditation stay in the illusory sphere for me personally, and my
participation in events based on such trappings which are accepted as fact,
such as Vedic Astrology will probably be negatively affected.

 Peace!

 I thought this was a very well thought out post and nicely written. Stick
around, upfronter.

---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <steve.sun...@yahoo.com> wrote :

 I'd say there's been a "black night of the soul" for many of us regarding M's
teaching.

 In the best case, you reconcile it in some manner, and emerge on the other
side keeping intact some parts, and letting some parts go by the wayside.

 Or, in some cases, people become embittered, and set upon trying to tear down
the whole teaching.

 And, it also is a work in progress.  You may find that as, or if, your
experience grows, your perspective changes as well, and you become a little
more flexible about what you felt, or feel is the "Truth".

 Speaking personally, I think the goal is scale-able, although it may take
longer than expected and must be coupled with self reflection.

 And then, there's always the chance that as you get close, you may decide to
bail out.

---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <upfronter@...> wrote :

 “I don't recall that on my TTC ('72) that we were trained to be as deceptive
as upfronter is suggesting.”

 I’m sorry if you thought I was suggesting that TM teachers were “trained to be
as deceptive”. My point, in a nutshell, is that before this practice was ironed
out (thank you authfriend) MMY thought it quite acceptable to “preserve the
illusion” of something which was not true.

 I have no gripe against MMY, he has always had my love (and he is often in my
inner vision). I did expect some defensive reaction as the issues I’ve
mentioned are passionately in peoples’ hearts. I was simply stating why I
personally would not be able to accept everything TMO as if there was no
discussion.

 Peace.