Evidently from before with this subject thread, a 32GB thumb drive in an
envelop arrived in the mail this last week.  It has 500 hours of audio of old
Maharishi lectures.  Starts way back in the 1950’s with some Guru Dev audios
and comes forward.

 Someone digitalized an incredible amount of material.  Old India courses,
early lectures, tours and discourses, residence courses and progression of
teacher training courses, the month courses and more recent decades.

 An amazing amount of material as an archive of a body of work.

 Nice to hear the old tapes and old material.  He was really on it in those
days.  I guess this work is to make these more broadly available to a future.
It is remarkable really.  I have them in itunes now to listen to at will.  It
is pretty nice and probably a good way to have it jump to inform future
generations of transcendentalists.

---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <dhamiltony...@yahoo.com> wrote :

 I have some cassette tapes that were made off reel-to-reel tapes from the
India TM teacher training courses with Maharishi.  In a shoebox now in storage
somewhere.

 These were lectures to the courses held in Rishikesh, some held outside under
the trees with the sounds of crows and the forrest outdoors in the background.

 I recall one lecture where Maharishi was methodically going through the
instructions to meditate and clarifying that TM does actually require some
concentration to do, to do the practice as effortless meditation that it is.
 The concentration would also be like in mindfulness as where mindfulness
people find they are ‘off’ on thoughts otherwise too that it takes a moment of
concentration or intent to come back to the process. That TM does require some
‘concentration’ at that moment of monitoring.  That TM is not just 'spacing
out' or completely “take it as it comes”.  Yes, he was pretty clear that TM
includes a concentration to do at deepest levels too.
 Semantic.

---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <dhamiltony...@yahoo.com> wrote :

 I had heard a while ago that someone was working on Jerry's archive to
digitalize it outside of the movement. Evidently this is separate from that.

---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <medinijyotishacc...@yahoo.com> wrote :

 Thank you very much for the replies.

 I can make whatever arrangements are necessary for transfer of the tapes,
private server, etc. whatever is required - they are precious.

 Can you tell me more about this project, who is Jerry Jarvis and how can I
make contact with Jerry?

 Thanks

 Jai Guru Dev

 Boris