I think what she said was that "if you attack him, he will hit back 10 *times*
harder."  She was probably talking about his approach to foreign policy.  He
basically backed off on the abortion comment because he, himself, didn't even
mean what he said. One of his major limitations is that his vocabulary is very
limited. I believe, he was basically trying to articulate the emotion of how he
thinks so many men *feel* about women who get pregnant—all their fault.  He has
brought Melania in to help smooth the waters with respect to that major gaff—by
her presence as a supportive wife and attractive female.

 Plus I think Melania made it worse when she commented that he treats everyone
equally, meaning he'd hit back 10% harder.

 Because so many people have been thinking about his abortion comment. When I
heard hers, it sounded like he'd hit 10% harder wrt a woman who'd had an
abortion! So easy to combine "punishment" with 10% harder.

 And of course, this combining also happens more easily because Melania didn't
address the abortion comment directly.