'Originalism', this becomes useful critique for distinguishing between a
religious faith-and-belief-in- Maharishi conservative TM ideologic zealotry on
the one hand from progressive practitioner elements in TM on the other hand who
by their experience of practice with the techniques would like to see things
evolve and work out well for the TM movement.

---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <dhamiltony...@yahoo.com> wrote :

 The few of the old who remain inside TM are working long hours and some of
them don’t look too good for it.  TM abandoned teaching meditators for its
becoming TM-Sidhis-centric.  The TM administration from the late 70’s and on in
effect skipped a generation or two of inducting young people to the meditation.
More of the work of running the place is being hired or contracted out.  That,
the hiring of the work to outsiders (non-meditators as in our case) is a common
practice that happens as spiritual groups dwindle and get to their end.

---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <dhamiltony...@yahoo.com> wrote :

 A large variable in a survival of spiritual groups is in the striking of
balance of the work facilitating the spiritual practice which the group does.
Historically, groups can flag where they drop away from their core spiritual
practice for all the work of keeping a group going. The end becomes nearer and
a liquidation more close at hand once the spiritual practice gets sacrificed to
the communal work of just keeping a group’s institutions up and going in time.

 You can see this happening in the stalwarts who remain behind in TM. What was
promised as 30 hour work weeks with time well apportioned for meditating
becomes 60 or 70 hour weekly marathons just to keep the place open for those
who remain.  It is a cycle that breaks people and groups.

---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <dhamiltony...@yahoo.com> wrote :

 Decline in historic spiritual community usually is a quiet implosion as their
circumstances of spiritual practice may drop.   As particular personality of
declines does happen to spiritual practice groups in history like TM and it
often ends with an auction of assets.  Whence the spiritual shakti is gone and
enough members have moved on to other places in time a liquidation of what was
becomes the inevitable.  TM evidently is down a road to this.  It will take
some extraordinary leadership to turn the desertion of what has been a long
tide of people going away.

---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <dhamiltony...@yahoo.com> wrote :

 An ideologic movement culture dismisses looking around, saying “The past
(history) is a lesser state of evolution”.  Yet in ‘historicity’ of spiritual
groups like TM, the end may be nearer at hand as the case may be.  The metrics
are not good for TM right now.  One may wish them well and hope they can
survive.

---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <dhamiltony...@yahoo.com> wrote :

 In Fairfield we will see if the guys at the controls will fly it in to the
towers or the ground with their hands firmly on the controls.  There are still
a lot of good people in TM and a lot is in play and motion right now within TM.

 The leadership apparently is pretty isolated and can be ideologic rigid.
Their own metric is that they have turned a lot of meditators out who are not
just going to come back.  This all will take a coming out with some
extraordinary human resources of leadership to calmly engage the problems and
pull it out of decline.

---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <dhamiltony...@yahoo.com> wrote :

 It is not just a given that the University in Fairfield will just continue.
Its existence has to be worked at all the time both financially and for its
accreditation.

---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <dhamiltony...@yahoo.com> wrote :

 Changing voice:

 The University and the larger TM movement?  Why care?  Because a lot of people
live there or are dependent on it all in different ways.  People we know who
are people that we are in community with.  In many different ways even in its
diminished form of late the University itself is a fulcrum in both the local
community and the larger TM movement that is here. This is real stuff to people
here who live here in Fairfield and the larger meditating community.  A lot of
people who live here are affected by the way people behave up in the movement
there.  Everyone living here should be interested in how it is going up there.

---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <dhamiltony...@yahoo.com> wrote :

 The meditating University and the meditating Movement community are
significant fly-wheels in the local economy here. The University is a
substantial employer and provider for people in the community. As is, the
meditating community that has settled and embedded in the local economy here
along with the University.

 All the economic development agencies should be sitting up (the Chamber of
Commerce and local, regional, and State economic development types).and be
proactively asking how it is going up there and if there is anything they can
do to help mitigate how it is going for the University here.

 It should be a major local economic disturbance where it goes bankrupt, or
closes for lack of accreditation.

---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <olliesed...@yahoo.com> wrote :

 Thanks for your responses Doug. What a hell of a problem. I can certainly see
the POV of the obstructionists, the ones who want to keep doing what they are
doing, "because that's the way granny sliced the ham...".

 If I had once been anointed as some sort of gate-keeper by "His Holiness"
Maharishi, and had not yet awakened to my infinite nature, that would be
something almost impossible to let go of. With such a  consciousness, it is
enormously scary to relinquish such power, something that according to the
psyche of the controlling person, *practically came from God, Himself*, and
must be kept in place for the person's ongoing salvation. Such an illusion is
very tough to see, much less confront and see through.

 The issue with a spiritual community modeled around the personality of a
single teacher, is when that teacher is no longer there, the model crumbles.
There is no precedent to follow wrt integrating such knowledge into the real
world, unless it comes from the teacher. In any other venue, politics,
business, military, religion, there are track records based on measurable
objectives, to guide the organization after the leader is gone. But in a
spiritual community the only thing that continues is the relative power of the
individuals, at the time of the leader's passing. Unless they are able to work
cooperatively, or a single person rises to take the founder's place, the
organization will wither.

 Why concern ourselves?  Because,it is a fully functioning university and
facility right now and it would be a horrible terrible local disruption for a
lot of good people who live here if it lost its accreditation, went bankrupt
and closed.

 Everyone who lives here should be very interested in how it is going for the
movement and MUM up there.  There should be a lot more proactive mediating of
what is going on there for its welfare for the whole community for a lot of
good reasons here locally.

 “.. What is the downside to it all going away, except the process to continue
the marketing and teaching of TM and the TM Siddhis programs?

 Why bother with the University or the community Dome meditation up there? Why?

 People should be very interested in how they are behaving up there on campus
and how it is going for them.

 It's called *trying to solve the problem on the level of the problem*.

 Om no, no.  The process is bringing light to what evidently has been a dark
elusive area. The light will enlighten things around all of this.  For some who
do not like change this may feel like it is schismatic but change could be very
expansive as meditators will come to this school, graduate and leave having had
very positive experiences with it all in total while they were here.

 The changes in the works are very exciting.  It is time, this is timely.  This
has to be about more than survival and endurance but expansion.  There is
general agreement in consensus on that and only a few rigid holdouts against
progressing.  The next four or five months will be arduous getting there and
may not be for the faint of heart.  This is glorious work that is being done
here by a lot of good people who are with it in the community.     -JaiGuruYou