MD,

 IMO, The reverend is speaking of the lowering of the national consciousness
which invites confusion, and  conflict in the national priorities..

 John, what Graham calls *judgement* is what our tradition refers to as the
result of adharma. Dharma being righteousness, which creates a kavach that
gives health and prosperity to a people and a nation. Adharma is the absence of
dharma which destroys and removes that orderliness(kavach) that created that
health and prosperity resulting in chaos and calamity .

 Maharishi spoke numerous times about such a phenomena, as does the Bible. Its
spoken about in the story of the flood. It's hinted at in the story of Sodom
and Gomorrah and spoken about in the book of Deuteronomy.

 Washington referred to it in his inaugural speech as I posted last night.

Johnathan Cahn has been writing about the Harbingers forewarning of these
events.