---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <olliesedwuz@...> wrote :

 No reason yagyas shouldn't work. After all, yagyas have been working for
several thousand years, so there is no reason they should suddenly stop
working, just because we have several hundred years of Newtonian science under
our belt.

 I have no doubt that yagya's work as well now as they did thousands of years
ago.

 Apples and oranges.

 ?

 Pretty obvious that Salyavin considers himself "a scientist", like many of the
other anti-TMers. But scientists gain success by understanding how the world
works, not by closing themselves off to phenomena they don't understand.

 Actually what happens is we look at the phenomena we don't understand to see
if it is actually something rather than nothing. If I had "closed myself off"
to anything I wouldn't have learned TM, read the books, went to the lectures,
spent years on courses and gained a good working knowledge of the principles
involved in Marshy's vedic "science".

 I never met a scientist who wasn't curious but ideas can be put into
categories, those that seem to accurately reflect the way the world works, and
those that don't. Science works by finding the tricky question to ask to see
into which of those categories to put things. If you say that prayers to Hindu
gods will create world peace and then you go ahead and it doesn't happen you've
learned something about the power of prayer. That's an easy one to do though,
no need of special measuring equipment.

 The anti-TMers act more like a lost and superstitious jungle tribe than a
group trying to make sense of anything, and I will leave it at that.

 Good for you.

 As I said I'm not an anti-TMer, as I enjoy it. What I don't enjoy is the
dubious supporting philosophy, it could be seen as a bit of harmless fun but
every expensive add-on is based on you first accepting the principle that
consciousness is some sort of unified field. This is where I say that you have
to come up with some evidence and that can simply be a way that it might
physically work without overthrowing everything else we know - this wouldn't be
a bad thing as the first principle of science is that it must keep moving
forward, as soon as you think you know the truth it stops, but extraordinary
claims require extraordinary evidence and I haven't seen any evidence at all.

 This is the main difference between science and religion, science doesn't move
on unless it thinks it's got a handle on what's happening whereas religions
assume they already know and that any contrarians that come along must be a
lost and superstitious tribe.

 This is all funny when you consider the emphasis that the TMO puts on science,
yet they are strangely reluctant to use the power of scientific method to
support what they sell. Apart from TM of course which has a lot of interesting
thing about it that withstand study. I know people who would disagree with that
as they really do think it doesn't work. Best we can say is that the results
can be a mixed bag it seems.

 I am probably one of the few people here who would venture to remark that (and
this is based on my own experience), yagyas work, although the ones done for me
were not done through the TMO. What intrigues me about Salyavin's tirades is
his claim that the TMO actually does not even perform the yagyas people pay
them to do. I have not heard this before and wonder how anyone would know that
it is true. It is one thing to say the yagyas do not work, but quite another to
claim that they are never even performed.

---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <olliesedwuz@...> wrote :

 yeah, very strange. These people have become bitterly disappointed at their
experiences regarding TM, and so, "attempt to spread the truth about TM and the
org behind it" and "save" others. There is not a nickel's worth of space
between that expression and the Christian fundamentalists - same psychological
mistake; transference. They cannot accept that they didn't get it, and so turn
on those who are experiencing a benefit, blind to the fact that any issue is
with themselves, and not the TM or TMO, or practitioners of TM.

 This is in no way a defense of the TM Org, which has a lot of issues. But
there are ways of tackling a problem productively, and there is empty
complaining. As you say, we are all adults, and nobody appreciates a bunch of
blowhards trumpeting the same hollow message, that they know the real truth
about TM and the TMO and are here to enlighten the rest of us. What rubbish.

 Strange, ain't it.  Someone, in this case, Salyavin, feeling they need to save
someone from themselves.  As if there is not abundant information to peruse
with regard to the TM movement such that Salyavin feels the impassioned need to
take on the role.

 What becomes a little weird is that there is no difference from this attitude
and the fundamentalist attitude that "they" (the fundamentalist) knows what's
best for another, and therefore makes it a mission to convert "the other". And
then, you must ask, where does it end.

 The title of this autobiography is, "How I Became a Tyrant"

 I figure most of those investing in or tooting the horn for yagya donations
are grown adults who can decide if they want to spend their money on chanting
or on a fitbit or the latest VW convertible.

 But can they decide? When you're embroiled in a cult you can really start to
believe what they tell you as I'm sure you're aware. Obviously it's up to
people to become scientifically aware and think their way out of the stupidity
before it bankrupts them or they end up moving to a town where this sort of
excuse for thinking is taken so much for granted that it becomes a given rather
than the utterly astonishing load of pseudo-scientific nonsense that it
actually is.

 Grown ups can believe anything they like, but if people you know are
habitually throwing their money into a hole in the ground - or in this case
real estate in Florida - when they think they are creating some sort of peace
creating group of Indian chanters the we owe it to them to darw it to their
attention or we aren't very good friends.

 If you knew someone who was being scammed by a devious pension plan wouldn't
you tell them if you knew? Yet the TMO gets many millions from selling prayers
and all the while setting up a pseudo-scientific justification in the shape of
Marshy's crap lectures about the unified field and continuing with John
Hagelin's equally crap videos about string theory. It's a deliberate attempt to
mis-sell something. The funny thing is they claim to be interested in science
and yet they never put any of the more dubious products on the TM price list
under any sort of serious scrutiny.

 Now, this discussion about Nader and how he could possibly have so much money
(how much does he have? ) seems like many are jumping to conclusions about his
guilt with regard to the Movement handing over millions of dollars to him for
some reason. Why would they do this? Is he worth that much to them? I don't
know Nader from a hole in the ground other than, I believe, he possesses a gold
outfit complete with crown in his closet. I suggest people get some hard facts
before proclaiming his guilt from the rooftops. BTW, where did you get your
information? Judy seems to think that is important and you didn't answer that
question in your response here.

 Judy has consistently demonstrated that she is an idiot to the extent that I
never read her posts. She knows as well as I do where all this information
about King Tony comes from. Is there another explanation for the wealth of the
Nader family other than the TMO setting him up as some sort of world leader in
waiting? If there is I haven't seen it, as he's a public figure appointed by
Marshy to be the hereditary ruler of his domain I think we are owed an
explanation. But I don't trust the TMO about money for the reasons I have
stated.

 Nonprofit Financial Statements - FindLaw
http://smallbusiness.findlaw.com/incorporation-and-legal-structures/nonprofit-financial-statements.html

http://smallbusiness.findlaw.com/incorporation-and-legal-structures/nonprofit-financial-statements.html

 Nonprofit Financial Statements - FindLaw
http://smallbusiness.findlaw.com/incorporation-and-legal-structures/nonprofit-financial-statements.html
 Question: Do 501(c)(3) non-profit corporations have to make their financial
statements available to the public? Answer: Yes. Non-profit corporations ...

 View on smallbusiness.findlaw...
http://smallbusiness.findlaw.com/incorporation-and-legal-structures/nonprofit-financial-statements.html
 Preview by Yahoo

 -JaiGuruYou

---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <rick@...> wrote :

http://m.palmbeachdailynews.com/news/business/real-estate/palm-beacher-pays-43m-for-lot-a-half-mile-from-hom/nqDbj/

http://m.palmbeachdailynews.com/news/business/real-estate/palm-beacher-pays-43m-for-lot-a-half-mile-from-hom/nqDbj/

 I just read this. Isn't Tony Nader one of the Rajas? Or is he just a
scientist/doctor? Not having been a follower of what goes on in the TM Movement
since 1985 I presume this is news - the fact that he has some bucks? If you're
a Raja don't you have had to have donated a wheelbarrow full of money or
something? If that is the case, the amount is $1m (?) then it comes as no
surprise that someone has a lot more than that in their bank account. Only an
idiot would donate $1m and not have at least $10m in the bank, minimum.

 salyavin808 writes:

 This is the TMO doing what it does best. Soliciting donations for it's "world
plan for world peace, bringing enlightenment and prosperity to all nations" and
then spending it all on real estate.

 They have big plans you see, the idea has always a world wide network of
palaces and embassies for the "rajas", but no one would pay for that directly
so they get you with the old "pundit program" scam, it still seems to work, get
a maniac like John Hagelin to make it all sound scientific with a video about
string theory, and everyone will think it's valid in some sort of demonstrable
way, Before you know it the millions are rolling in from the hopeful flock who
have been brainwashed for decades with crap about vedas and  physics and now
vedas and physiology.

 I do remember them saying that they'd give refunds in future if the "peace
creating" pundit groups didn't happen. Well they didn't happen, not even
slightly. This recent layout of funds on big houses for the bigwigs gives the
lie to that. It should be obvious that not even they believe all that
"coherence creating" bullshit, the question is: What are TMers going to do
about it?

 I'm sure you all received the letter I did recently, about doubling your
monthly donation for the yagya programme? Bet you didn't think it was going on
flying lessons for the King, expensive jeweller for his wife, or expensive -
and non TM - schools for their kids.

 Keep the money rolling in, Heaven on Earth awaits. Just not for you....

 Tonight's Phone Call with Maharaja Rajaraam

 Enjoy an Evening with
Maharaja Adhiraj Rajaraam
 Extra seating will be available in Festival Hall

 We are looking forward to the phone call from Maharaja Adhiraj Rajaraam during
Lesson Two of the Ramayan in Human Physiology Course this evening. Everyone is
invited. This event is free, and you can come even if you missed Lesson One. It
starts at 7:45in Dalby Hall. We expect lots of people, so please come early.
Extra room is provided in Festival Hall.

 The first two lessons of the Ramayan in Human Physiology are free and open to
the community. Everyone is invited.

 The prerequisite for the course is instruction in the TM Technique and
completion of STC108 or equivalent; or completion of the TM-Sidhis Course and a
valid dome badge.

---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <olliesedwuz@...> wrote :

 Brilliant. Yes, two sides of the same coin, yet not letting go of the coin,
which rusted through a long time ago. A dodge and distraction from life's
procession. Both the followers and anti-followers create meaning around an
object which cannot be perfected nor destroyed, perpetually. A spinning mirror
to look into, transfixed, instead of simply dealing with the nature of life and
our intimate relationship with it. The mind as the naked emperor, parading in
front of its fantasies.

 Yeah, he be the MAHARAJA! I would guess his family has money, especially if
he's a doctor and hung out with Maharishi a lot. I doubt he has had to spend
much time in an emergency room or maintain a practice  fixing up people to pay
off student loans.

 It is very apparent that the guy has money, and it makes sense to me. Why
wouldn't a highly educated medical man have made a decent amount of money and
has anyone (imagine!) considered that perhaps his wife has a good job? Or maybe
there is family money as well.

 As for some of these other people who became rajas and ranis, I've heard at
least one and maybe more had to virtually beg for assistance to pay the million
dollar fee. The TM movement is and always been full of idiots. I have my doubts
as to whether many could have made it in the real world.

 I know for a fact they couldn't and didn't. There are so many airy fairy
neurotics who crowd into the lineup to see their current favorite guru or who
run, feverishly, to jump on some bandwagon that sounds like the next greatest
thing. There are many "misfits" and just plain strange human beings on this
Earth and we have a small proportion right here on FFL (not to mention over at
number 2) who fell into that category and who still appear (as of my last
viewing of them before the Great Divide) just as obsessed as ever with the
Movement and what it's up to or how they can work out their unresolved feelings
about having been screwed by MMY and those who were his "henchmen". You really
have to wonder what it would take for many of them to simply move on and make
an effort to unencumber themselves from it all. Personally, I sense a kind of
addiction - as twisted as it actually is. The irony of it all is many of these
obsessors think of themselves as unattached just because they have a negative
opinion. It doesn't matter whether one's opinion is negative or positive; as
long as you keep obsessing and showing interest you're still very much involved.

 I just read this. Isn't Tony Nader one of the Rajas? Or is he just a
scientist/doctor? Not having been a follower of what goes on in the TM Movement
since 1985 I presume this is news - the fact that he has some bucks? If you're
a Raja don't you have had to have donated a wheelbarrow full of money or
something? If that is the case, the amount is $1m (?) then it comes as no
surprise that someone has a lot more than that in their bank account. Only an
idiot would donate $1m and not have at least $10m in the bank, minimum.

              • ... salyavin808
              • ... jr_...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]
              • ... jr_...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]
              • ... srijau