 OK, that's what I was getting at. What is the origin of the term*ham*, which
is hamlet. So, it has nothing to do with pork:).

 OMG Mike, you are outrageous - even when I think you must be kidding...

 From: salyavin808 <no_re...@yahoogroups.com>
 To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
 Sent: Friday, May 13, 2016 7:29 AM
 Subject: Re: [FairfieldLife] Meanwhile in Scorpionland:

 Sure are a lot of *hams* in England.

 Yup, I live in one. It's short for hamlet [not the cigar or the Shakespearean
character] which is an olde Englysh word for a small village.

 You'd think that  it would keep the Muslims away. But nooooooooooooooooooooooo.

 Why would we want to keep them away? Plenty of room for more of any stripe,
just concrete over those green and pleasant hills...