Reagan took away free or almost free college educations. A lot of the money goes to overpaid administrators nowadays. Kids who major in computer courses often get professors who just have fancy letters after their names and no real world experience, just theory. Places like Google throw them in their "swimming pool" to see if they can swim and if they can't after a year are shown the door. These kids need a supervisor to show them the ropes that they don't get in college.

Of course the tech companies just want cheap engineers not good ones.

On 05/17/2016 09:37 AM, Mike Dixon mdixon.6...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife] wrote:
No, they just want their education loans forgiven.

*From:* "olliesed...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]" <FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com>
*To:* FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
*Sent:* Tuesday, May 17, 2016 10:58 AM
*Subject:* Re: [FairfieldLife] Consolation

Yep, the youthful supporters for Bernie that I know are all gainfully employed and did well in school. They see that the system is rigged, that the US is the lowest of the industrialized countries in terms of upward mobility and that the American dream is approaching nightmare status. They aren't looking for handouts

Bernie supporters tend to be young.
Young people tend to be idealistic but also irresponsible, lacking real life experiences,having to get up, go to work everyday, pay bills/taxes etc.
Most can't even make up their minds as to what they w! ant to do in life.
Bottom line is, they can't be counted on to even vote.

Oh, how you sound like an old fart here, Mike. Take a moment and look at the passion behind many of the Bernie supporters. They are voting, they are going to rallies, they are out there listening and making their voices heard but they have to make sure they are registered 'Democrat' instead of 'Independent' in those closed primary States. I believe Oregon is one of those States. If one has the desire for change and a vision of what just might be possible at some point is instilled in enough people then that is a great start. To shrug off a whole generation or two of youthful citizens as "irresponsible" and "lacking real life experiences" is to miss what is really going on. Would you rather all of these people live in hopeless, jaded, angry disillusionment about the world without any indication by someone like Bernie that it doesn't have to be that way, that there are politicians out there who want to make a difference to the status quo?