 From: "emily.mae50@... [FairfieldLife]" <FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com>
 To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
 Sent: Saturday, May 21, 2016 10:57 AM
 Subject: Re: [FairfieldLife] This is what Amerika's gonna be...

   Repair and repeat....."You have something to give back to the country and
people and for the opportunities that allowed you to retire comfortably.  What
is it?"

---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <emily.mae50@...> wrote :

 This woman, now a police detective (Kim Bogucki) was a mom down the street and
I went to her house as a kid after school for awhile when my Ma was working.

 If the situation of single-parent households upsets you, perhaps you should
volunteer yourself to do some good, instead of sitting on your rear end,
judging and blaming.  Most kids who grew up in households without discipline
craved discipline and wished they had a family that required them to come home
for dinner at 6—they wish they had someone in their lives growing up who cared
enough.

 You continue to err in assigning blame to "single parent households" as a
categorical reason for what you describe below.  A simplistic justification
that allows you to sit back in your Christian/Hindu armchair, and demonize,
dehumanize and blame the category.  You could stop pussyfooting around and
actually get involved somewhere; you'd be surprised how a desire to do good
(instead of just mentally masturbating on it) and how hands on, real  life
experience might broaden your perspective.  You have something to give back to
the country and people and opportunities that allowed you to retire comfortably
in your retirement.  What is it?

 Purdy’s female inmates peel back layers of raw emotion | Real Change
http://realchangenews.org/2009/07/29/purdy-s-female-inmates-peel-back-layers-raw-emotion

 Purdy’s female inmates peel back layers of raw emotion | Real Change
http://realchangenews.org/2009/07/29/purdy-s-female-inmates-peel-back-layers-raw-emotion
 Filomena Washington was looking for a place where she belonged, for people she
fit in with.

 View on realchangenews.org
http://realchangenews.org/2009/07/29/purdy-s-female-inmates-peel-back-layers-raw-emotion
 Preview by Yahoo

 No matter what background the Purdy inmates came from -- some from poverty and
others from wealthy Microsoft families, Bogucki says -- the common thread in
the women's essays is "the lack of a positive role model in their life, the
lack of a person that who would actually just listen."

 Well... it already is and she's not president  yet.
 I don't know what people expect when you have so many kids growing up in
single parent households. It's kind of a jungle, survival of the fittest. Kids
like this usually are never taught any kind of effective nonviolent conflict
resolution. They grow up with a minimum of supervision, lacking authority
figures close to them to teach them social skills. As they grow up, they
produce the same, if not worse. It's a vicious downward cycle that's becoming
more and more the norm. I guess TM taught in schools might offer some help to
these kids but the trick is, that they need to want to do it. Most of these
kids seem to lack any kind of self discipline. Sitting down for 15-20 minutes
twice a day might be more than they can handle and for the most part, too
fucking boring. Hell, they could be beating up some kid, taking their lunch
money and buying a dime bag!