I guess early on the fetus is just a "tissue", and really, I am not sure what
the term is when abortions are legal, but many of the images of abortions I
have seen don't look like just a mass of "tissue".

 I am not disputing a woman's right to choose, but it appears to often come
with emotional turmoil.  A close associate of mine recently had an abortion.
It was, in my opinion the right decision and she felt good about it, but now,
several months later, she is struggling a bit emotionally.

 I would also have to say, that I don't think a fetus, from a spiritual
perspective, is likely to have a "better luck next time" attitude about the
whole event.  I believe there is a behind the scenes scenario that plays out
whereby a soul prepares to reincarnate.  At what point that soul may enter, or
take ownership of the fetus, I don't know.  Perhaps, if I had a better
understanding of that more esoteric aspect of "it", I would have a better idea
of what, if any, are the unseen implications of an abortion.

---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <emily.mae50@...> wrote :

 Go ahead and stand on your soapbox, Mike.  Stand there all day if you like!
It's time for me to get off mine. :)  Seems to me that the population of the
planet is not suffering in the least from a woman's right to abortion!

 Yes, birth control, in the sense that the tissue is not be allowed to continue
growing into a human being.  Her body, her decision.  Period.  The decision is
made by the woman for the good of the woman and of the potential child.  That's
the way I see it, hands down.  As a woman and the mother, she should retain the
*right* to make that decision.

 I'm all for birth control to prevent an unwanted pregnancy, make no mistake.

 Maybe you'll be reincarnated as a woman next time around and will get the
opportunity to be a mother too.

 I don't know when the soul enters the body, so to speak.  I truly, deep in my
heart, do not consider it a problem.  If there is a loving God/Creator spirit,
I am perfectly comfortable with the idea that the soul returns to Source, no
harm done.

 There is no *blame* involved, Mike.  God, you sound judgmental!  Have a better
day!  Thanks for the conversation.

 Well, at least you've admitted, though indirectly, that most abortions are
birth control. Unacceptable. Too many ways to prevent it in the first place. In
your mind, at what point does one become a sentient being? I think Nancy Pelosi
says "not until *it* leaves the hospital.
 The blame rests with the person choosing to have the abortion, unless she's
forced to have one.