Not sure if anyone is interested or not, but you can very rarely take what
people from these regions (and I emphasize regions, not religions) at face
value.  You have to constantly vet them before taking them seriously.  Their
way of life, at the level of villages, provinces, and nations is based on
constant lies.....the type that you can often only get young children to
believe.  This father could be very sincere.  He could also be demonstrating an
anti-violent attitude to keep public pressure off of him.  There are multiple
other reasons for what he is saying as well.  In the world of HUMINT (human
intelligence) people from the middle east are EXTREMELY hard to read.

 If you ever read anything from Robert Baer (former CIA operative from the 80's
& 90's), he goes into detail about their culture, communication and nature and
why it really was a mistake to start meddling too deep in the middle east.

 I, personally, don't believe Islam is the problem.  I just think the regions
where it flourishes are apathetic cultures that don't recognize and solve
problems.  As a result, violent militias are able to expand with little or no
opposition.  We have violent militias in America too, but we recognize them as
a problem (like David Koresh in the 90's), and we do something to fix it.

 Bottom line, the goal-oriented west is meeting its match against a culture
that is apathetic to development and progress but somehow manages to have a
determination and resolve that out-matches our culture in terms of guerrilla
warfare.  Our military is very deficient in that type of fighting.

 My prediction, unfortunately, is that I think things are going to get worse.

 seekliberation