You seem to have changed your tune, only yesterday condemning the
editing of lifestories!
Okay, so where is the evidence for any tradition not to talk about a
saints life?
Puzzled of UK

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Premanand Paul Mason"
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > 'There is a tradition in India not to talk about a saints
> > life' !!!!??
> > What evidence is there for such a preposterous statement?
> > Actually, it is BECAUSE India has a tradition of talking about
the
> > lives of 'saints' that we know so much of the lives of so many so-
> > called 'saints' from Shankara to Guru Dev.
> > But there might be other reasons for not talking about someone's
> > past.
>
> Your bias is showing again, Paul. Having a tough
> morning/night?  :-)
>
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "at_man_and_brahman"
> > <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > >
> > > My question is at the bottom
> > >
> > > In Paul Mason's book, he writes:
> > >
> > > Rumours have also circulated about
> > > another aspect of his 'private' life,
> > > about the presence of members of
> > > the family holding posts in his various
> > > organisations. The following report is
> > > said to have been carried by
> > > The Illustrated Weekly of India :
> > >
> > > Among the yogi's relatives, his brother
> > >  J P Srivastava's sons, Anand and
> > > Ajay Prakash, seem to be in charge
> > > of accounts and administration.
> > > The [Maharishi's] brother, reportedly,
> > > is not given much importance in the
> > > family hierarchy, for reasons that date
> > > back to the illustrious younger sibling's
> > > youth. Mahesh Yogi, apparently, had
> > > early in life forsaken hearth and home
> > > after being allegedly ill-treated by his brother....
> > >
> > > The yogi, is reportedly, fondest of his
> > > niece, Kirti, his sister Indira's daughter....
> > > She has two brothers, Praful and Pramod.
> > > While Pramod has settled in West Germany
> > > through the benevolence of his uncle
> > > [the Maharishi], Praful operates from India,
> > > say sources. The Maharishi's munificence
> > > extends to more distant relatives as well.
> > > Girish Varna, the son of one of the yogi's
> > > paternal uncles, has comfortably settled
> > > at NOIDA....
> > >

> > > and, in post 78157, Bob Brigante writes:
> > >
> > > posted on another list:
> > >
> > > Maharishi's Brother is said to be 97,
> > > alive and kicking. He was recently seen
> > > this past Oct 12th on victory day on the
> > > broadcast from the globalcountry of World
> > > peace. He told a friend privately that there
> > > is a tradition in India not to talk about a
> > > saints life- just aspire to be like him yourself.
> > >
> > > From an inspirational point of view,
> > > we can guess at certain things about
> > > Maharishi's life, but his real essence becomes
> > > more and more familiar based on our
> > > own enlightenment.
> > >
> > > Is it the case that there are two known brothers,
> > > one Maharishi's enemy and one a devotee? And,
> > > are either of his listed nephews the one who runs the
> > > controversial Raju clinic?

Ever feel sad or cry for no reason at all? Depression. Narrated by Kate Hudson.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/YbEMxA/ubOLAA/d1hLAA/0NYolB/TM